With fundamental Mega Man characteristics, cel-shaded characters and 3-D stylized environments, Mega Man X Command Mission is sure to please gamers new to the franchise and fans alike. Mega Man X Command Mission is now available at retailers across North America and is rated ‘E’ for everyone with a descriptor of “fantasy violence” by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board). The Mega Man franchise, celebrating more than 15 years of entertaining kids of all ages, has sold over 20 million units worldwide.
In Mega Man X Command Mission, Mega Man must infiltrate the island of Gigantis, a massive facility constructed for the sole purpose of mining a mineral substance called Force Metal, and stop a rebellion started by a an army of renegade Reploids. By choosing from a selection of seven different playable characters, gamers construct a three-member attack force using Mega Man, Zero, Axl, or one of five characters new to the Mega Man universe, to help bring peace to the region once and for all. It is up to gamers to create a dream team of Mega Man’s allies and Reploid robot friends to stop the destructive battle that has begun to wage itself on Gigantis Island.
Mega Man X Command Mission has new and exciting features that make this RPG play like a true action game; including the revolutionary "X Order System" which allows flawless execution of special and finishing attack moves on enemies. There are plenty of ways to do battle: 1) Chain main and sub-weapon attacks to perform a super-powerful “Final Strike” finishing move; 2) During battle, when the player’s ‘Weapon Energy’ gauge is full, they can activate an “Action Trigger” which allows their character to perform a specialized move or attack; 3) If the action starts to get a little too close for comfort and the player requires a bit of extra power, they can enter "Hyper Mode". For a set number of turns within this mode, their character wears stronger armor and can perform different moves; 4)Using a super energy metal called “Force Metal,” players can upgrade weapons, abilities, and attack moves, greatly improving their character’s capabilities.
Mega Man X Command Missions includes the following features:
- The first RPG in the Mega Man X universe – Mega Man X Command Mission features role playing game (RPG) style combat and action elements to create a unique blue bomber experience.
- Game Link Cable compatible – By connecting a Game Boy Advance to the Nintendo GameCube via the Game Link Cable, the Game Boy Advance serves as a separate radar screen, allowing the player to detect various “Treasure Coin” items hidden throughout the game. (Nintendo GameCube™ version only)
- An all-star cast – Mega Man will not be alone in his fight. Joining him will be Axl and Zero, as well as a cast of four characters new to the Mega Man Universe.
- New heroes join the Mega Man series, each with their own unique ability or weapon:
- Cinnamon - A Reploid nurse who not only has healing abilities but also can help create new and unique force metals from items collected throughout the game.
- Marino - More than just a common thief, Marino is courageous and despises crookedness. She has an upbeat personality and excels at defeating enemies with lightning speed.
- Massimo – A colossal man protected by powerful armor, Massimo unleashes massive weapons that he has in both hands and can pulverize his enemies with a single intense attack.
- Spider - A mysterious bounty hunter who is selfish and always on the lookout for opportunities to put himself first. His weapon of choice is a deck of playing cards which he can deal out with amazing speed.
- “X Order System” – This new system interface displays the turn order and health. With a little luck, gamers can steal the enemy’s energy and finish them off with a deadly “final strike” attack combo.
- “Force Metal System” – One of the most important aspects of this game is developing your characters. By using a super energy metal called “Force Metal,” you can upgrade your weapons, abilities, and attack moves, greatly improving your character’s capabilities.
- The PlayStation 2 version includes a Mega Manâ X8 playable demo.
- Both platform versions contain a free Mega Man trading card with instructions to download game passwords and starter decks.