"PlanetSide: Aftershock brings together all of the action of the original PlanetSide game, Core Combat expansion, and our new BattleFrame Robotics action pack and combines them in one definitive PlanetSide collection," said Alex von Minden, producer, Sony Online Entertainment. "With more than 40,000 people now taking part in PlanetSide's 24-hour battles, there's terrific action and conflict to be found online."
In PlanetSide: Aftershock, players choose their allegiance and enlist in the army of one of three unique empires in the fight for total domination. As battles are fought and experience gained, characters can chose to advance in more than 30 combat specialties, including infantry, sniper, stealth commando, engineer, hacker, medic, pilot, driver and more. New BattleFrame Robotics put players in control of giant mechanized robots, powerful vehicles for conquering your enemies on the battlefield. With massive online battles and thousands of people from around the world in the game, PlanetSide: Aftershock delivers a unique online action gaming experience in a hostile futuristic world.
PlanetSide: Aftershock has a suggested retail price of $19.99, which includes a 30-day subscription (for new subscribers only) to the game's online world. Additionally, the game carries a monthly subscription fee of $12.99 for continuing access to the game world. Players can subscribe using a credit card, or purchase SOE 30-day and 90-day Game Cards, which open the PlanetSide universe to those who choose not to use a credit card.
The BFR action pack will be available as a free download for those who already own PlanetSide: Core Combat, and will automatically patch to PCs with the Core Combat expansion enabled when it is released.
PlanetSide: Aftershock puts players in the middle of a futuristic, all-out-war across the planet of Auraxis(TM), with thousands of other players from around the globe. Experience frenetic online action in the form of infantry assaults, ground-based vehicle mobilizations, dynamic air battles, and new giant robot assaults, as you join one of three empires and engage your enemies in large-scale battles and tactical base assaults for total control of Auraxis.
PlanetSide:Aftershock also features:
- The original PlanetSide, featuring massively-multiplayer online action with up to thousands of players in all-out-war
- PlanetSide: Core Combat with more weapons and vehicles, underground combat caverns, unique alien complexes to conquer, ancient technologies to discover, and zip lines for easy transportation through the core
- BattleFrame Robotics (BFRs), giant heavily-armored mechanized robots feature multiple weapon systems for devastating firepower
- Call for "Combined Arms" and coordinate maximum firepower through the use of a complete array of vehicle, armor and weapon configurations
- "Instant Action" mode puts you into the heat of battle
- Employ more than 30 unique combat specializations to customize your style of play
- Unique assault vehicles include the air bomber, anti-aircraft buggy, ATV assault vehicle and vehicular transport aircraft
- Wage war on four new "Battle Islands" designed for tactical assaults, large-scale battles and strategic terrain advantages