"BloodRayne's popularity has transcended video games and emerged in other entertainment mediums including films, comic books and TV," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing. "Our campaign is focused on maximizing these synergies to gain additional traction with the mass-market audience, as well as reach the core video game audience."
Majesco's creative marketing campaign looks to build that recognition even further with such initiatives as:
- High-profile cross-promotional partnership with MTV2 celebrating the launch of BloodRayne 2 that includes:
- BloodRayne 2/Headbangers Ball Launch Event on October 21, 2004 from the House of Blues in Los Angeles;
- Taping of a special October 30th Halloween edition of MTV2's Headbangers Ball from the BloodRayne 2/Headbangers Ball Event
- Exclusive sponsorship and integration within Headbangers Ball programming specials;
- Extensive promotional campaigns on MTV, MTV2 and MTVU;
- Online sweepstakes where one lucky winner gets to attend the party;
- Exclusive integration of BloodRayne 2 messaging around the packaging and promotion of the Headbangers Ball CD.
- National print and online advertising campaign appearing in major video game publications, as well as targeted lifestyle publications including FHM, WWE Smackdown and DC Comics;
- Exclusive pre-sell program at Electronics Boutique and GameStop whereby consumers who pre-order a copy of the game will receive a BloodRayne Collector's Edition Comic Book Preview;
- A movie adaptation of BloodRayne is currently filming with Kristanna Loken (T3: Rise of the Machines) portraying the title character, and Academy Award winning actor Sir Ben Kingsley (Gandhi) playing her father, Kagan. Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs), Michelle Rodriguez (SWAT) and Ben Davis (Pearl Harbor) also star;
- A specially created music video debuted on MTV2's new "Video Mods" program where BloodRayne performed Evanescence's "Everybody's Fool;"
- Appearance in Playboy's "Women of Gaming" in the October issue;
- BloodRayne: Skies Afire comic book by Echo 3 scheduled for December;
- BloodRayne 2 video game demo to appear on the Official Xbox Magazine's demo CD for November
- Official BloodRayne 2 strategy guide by Brady Books will be available at launch;
- BloodRayne 2 September cover feature in the video game magazine, Play;
- Creation and launch of BloodRayne2.com web site to keep more than 100,000 subscribers updated on the game.
Majesco's popular action-horror video game series features the sexy, supernatural BloodRayne, a deliciously wicked action heroine. Rayne is challenged with her most personal battle yet in BloodRayne 2, for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and PC. More information can be found at http://www.bloodrayne2.com.
More articles about Bloodrayne 2