"The EverQuest development team continues to deliver new content, adventures and features in yet another thrilling expansion pack for the world of EverQuest," said Michael Lustenberger, vice president of marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "Combining the power of the new graphics engine and nostalgic new storylines, EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath offers a beautiful new world and challenging new quests sure to please both new and veteran EverQuest players alike."
EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath returns EverQuest to its original foundation with appearances from a familiar cast of characters who will find themselves at the forefront of events transpiring across the world. Featuring new lands with enhanced graphics, bold new storylines, updated creatures including goblins, drakes and the ominous Frost Giant, and all-new guild management tools, EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath is the next great expansion pack for the fantasy adventure that is EverQuest. Make ready with new features such as the ability to regenerate your mana/health before a battle, easier inventory access via a potion belt, and the ability and to quickly swap pre-arranged weapons sets using a bandolier. All-new guild hall management tools allow players to easily ready their guild for encounters! EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath is bursting with new adventures and features for players of all levels.
A series of events has transpired across the world of Norrath and the familiar faces of Firiona Vie and her nemesis Lanys T'Vyl return to find themselves at the forefront of these events. Unbeknownst to them, a dark influence has seeped into the world of Norrath causing new tensions to arise and conflicts to intensify as the dawn of a new age emerges. The Age of War is upon the people of Norrath and heroes return in this ultimate, unending battle between good and evil.
EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath includes the following features:
- New Zones, Creatures and Content -- From Lavastorm to the Thundercrest Isles, adventure in graphically enhanced zones with all new themes. Brave challenging new quests, discover new treasures, and battle new NPC's, including drakes, goblins and fierce dragons.
- New Interactive World Map -- A full color interactive map of the world allows players to point-and-click from a world view down to a zone view of the traditional line maps.
- Player Barter System -- Allows players to set up their own method of giving platinum or items in exchange for other items.
- Potion Belt -- Allows for quick use of inventory items.
- Bandolier Equip -- Lets characters have two sets of pre-arranged weapons for each hand.
- New Spells, Tradeskills, and Recipes.
All-New Guild Hall Management Tools:
- Guild Halls -- An instanced guild hall for guild members to meet and prepare for playing.
- Guild Bank -- Bank slot for storage of items accessible by all designated members of a guild.
- Guild Stone -- Allows guild members to easily port to the Instanced Guild Hall.
- Mana/health Regen Pool -- Allows players to easily regenerate their mana and health in preparation for battle while in the guild hall.
- Mass Corpse Summoning Altar -- Allows guilds to summon guild corpses en masse to the altar room.
- Guild Portal -- Allows guild members to purchase the ability to have a persistent port to pre-determined areas around the world.
- Guild Tradeskill Objects -- Various tradeskill tools are located in the guild hall for easy access by guild members.
- Guild 'Looking for Members' Tool -- Allows guilds to recruit by placing persistent "ads" on bulletin boards, search for player characters who match guild criteria and send in-game emails to those members.
- Players 'Looking for Guild' Tool -- Allows players to find guilds recruiting members.
- Buff timers -- Allows guild members to suspend buff timers while in guild halls.
EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath is expected to retail for $29.99 in Feb. 2005 with a special incentive price for U.S. and European consumers who pre-order and digitally download directly from SOE.