In Resident Evil 4 players are reacquainted with Leon S. Kennedy, Raccoon City Police Department’s idealistic rookie cop from Resident Evil 2. It has been six years since the destruction of Raccoon City and in that time, the U.S. government has been able to destroy the nefarious Umbrella Corporation. Fast forward to 2004 and players rejoin Leon, who is now a U.S. agent with a top-secret mission. He has been tasked to look into the abduction of the President’s daughter and his investigation has led him to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out who or what is behind everything.
“Capcom’s Resident Evil series is synonymous with survival horror. The games have a long standing reputation for introducing innovation and raising the bar to create intensely terrifying experiences for players,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom USA. “With a slew of new and redesigned concepts, Resident Evil 4 presents a fear more real than ever before. The game is set to revolutionize both the world of Resident Evil and survival horror.”
Resident Evil 4 includes the following new features:
- Unsurpassed visuals – Resident Evil 4 utilizes the GameCube’s technological powers to the fullest, creating breathtaking 3D graphics and effects
- Behind the camera view – Camera follows the playerfrom behind and allows for intuitive movement
- New never before seen enemies – Creatures that defy the laws of nature!
- Advanced AI – Enemies are now smarter than ever and use their cunning abilities to team up and attack the player en mass
- Enhanced, deeper story elements – Conversations and monologues can be heard in real time
- Action button – Pressing the “A” button allows players to perform various actions
- Aim and shoot – Ability to zero in on enemies with weapons
More articles about Resident Evil 4