Get ready for the ultimate knockdown!Nicknamed "the Executioner," Hopkins is hailed as one of the world's best fighters after defeating Oscar De La Hoya in September 2004 to claim the belt for the Middleweight Champion of the World. The Philadelphia native's career record includes 45 wins, two losses, one draw, and one no contest with 32 knockouts.
"It's great to be immortalized in an EA SPORTS video game and even a greater honor to be an EA SPORTS cover athlete for the most realistic boxing game ever created," said Bernard Hopkins. "Being a fan of the series, Fight Night Round 2 really captures the intensity and excitement of the sport, but without the pain."
EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 2 continues to deliver innovative gameplay via the analog Total Punch Control mechanic, allowing gamers to throw multiple punches, block, bob and weave with complete precision and control. Packing in more fearsome punches, players can now dominate the ring with the all-new EA SPORTS Haymaker allowing gamers to knock down their opponents with one devastating blow by adding extra power to each punch. Every hit counts in the game with powerful punches inflicting dynamic injuries on opponents, and thus reducing a fighter's ability to defend himself. Players will also manage the boxers inside and out of the ring. Utilizing the new EA SPORTS Cutman, gamers can minimize damage on their fighters by helping them heal critical wounds between rounds.
- The EA SPORTS Haymaker: Unleash the power of the punch. One crushing blow will knock your opponent straight to the canvas, but miss and you're in trouble.
- Total Boxing Control: You now have total control of your boxer with 360° Sticking and Moving and the ability to punch and block while dancing around the ring.
- Create a Champ: Using the analog sticks for total precision, create and train the ultimate champion by transforming his skills and physique.
- EA SPORTS™ Cut-Man: You take an active role in recovering from a beating by tending to a swollen eye in the corner between rounds.
- Dynamic Punch Impacts: Each punch pays off with stunning visuals that reflect the effect of each blow. Your fists have never felt so powerful as injuries affect your fighting abilities—a swollen eye prevents you from blocking, and a broken rib impairs your punching ability and mobility.
Developed in Vancouver, B.C., by EA Canada, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 2 is scheduled to ship in March 2005 and includes a new and unique create-a-player option, deep training and career mode, as well as online play for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox consoles. The game's official website is www.fightnightround2.com.
More articles about Fight Night Round 2