“We are very excited about the North American release of COPS 2170: The Power of Law,” says Vitaly Shutov, President of MiST Land - South. “This game offers 200 quests and unlimited character development possibilities which are only two of the factors contributing to the captivating game dynamics that players will really enjoy,” continues Shutov.
“Players fight as Katrin, an ethical, good-hearted Cop who is working in a city infected with evil and run by a corrupt government that controls like “big brother.”. This really makes achieving justice an intriguing and challenging goal for the player,” says Jay Podilchuk, the producer at Strategy First.
You take on the role of rookie cop, Katrin, as she patrols the mean streets of a futuristic, cyberpunk metropolis. Katrin is a beautiful, young, police academy graduate who is an excellent student and an exceptional athlete. Unbeknownst to Katrin, her recent assignment concerning a series of terror attacks is about to propel her into the path of an evil genius. The city streets she is fighting to protect are unlike any modern day metropolis. The government implants cyber links into newborns, marking them with a unique ID in order to ensure complete control, watching over everything for the “safety of the public.”
COPS 2170: The Power of Law features stunning 3D environments ranging from cramped private quarters to sprawling city streets, all filled with more than 60 NPCs. As Katrin, players can recruit up to seven of their fellow officers, and use a large arsenal of weaponry and equipmentincluding a scanner, rifles, and machine gunsto win large-scale battles against the city’s criminal masterminds. Missions vary from suppressing small-scale riots to challenging the security staff of a massive yet corrupt corporation. Each mission can be accomplished using a variety of strategies, giving the player multiple paths to victory and hours of exciting gameplay. Features
- A large, living, futuristic world with more than 60 NPCs
- 200 quests to keep the player moving along the non-linear story
- The ability to put together a team of eight agents with different specializations
- Limitless character development possibilities
- 14 large detailed maps that offer numerous tactical possibilities
- A large arsenal of lethal weapons
- Numerous vehicles from police cars to heavy space marine tanks
- Top quality sound effects and music enhancing the cyberpunk mood
- 3D game world with astonishing special effects
- User-friendly interface and easy camera control with full rotation and zoom
COPS 2170: The Power of the Law will be available for purchase at all major retailers at a suggested retail price of $39.99. Rated Teen by ESRB.