Within the largest Painkiller update released, players can look forward to the new CPL dueling maps from Ritual Entertainment, over a half dozen specialty maps and numerous CPL-ready network features. They will also enjoy access to two additional multiplayer modes, Capture the Flag and Last Man Standing, as well as carnage-creating power of the exclusive weaponry offered in Painkiller’s Expansion, “Battle Out of Hell.”
The update also includes Battle Out of Hell’s graphic enhancements, the reworked networking core and a number of fixes for outstanding issues. Utilizing the impressive Havok 2.0 physics engine, Painkiller continues to achieve new heights of physics-based game play while version 1.61 of the proprietary PAIN Engine pumps out an unbelievably high polygon count, and awesome visual effects like heat and haze distortion, per-pixel spectacular mapping, support for NVIDIA’s Shader Model 3.0.
“Since its launch, Painkiller has earned numerous fantastic reviews and ‘Editor’s Choice Awards’ from all over the world.” says Richard Wah Kan, CEO of DreamCatcher. “We will continue to keep fans entertained and craving for more hardcore action.”
In Painkiller, players take on the role of Daniel Garner, a seemingly regular guy, who has just been killed in a horrific car accident. Trapped in a dark and unwelcoming world between heaven and hell, he struggles to uncover the reasons he has been denied entry into heaven. Awaiting purification, players fight against hordes of demonic soldiers in an attempt to stop an imminent holy war.
PAINKILLER 1.61 PATCH
- NEW: Multiplayer maps: Battle Out of Hell maps included.
- NEW: Multiplayer maps: Ritual CPL Dueling maps included.
- NEW: Multiplayer map: DM_Exmortis included.
- NEW: Multiplayer modes: Capture the Flag and Last Man Standing included.
- NEW: Multiplayer weapons: SMG and Boltgun/Heater included.
- NEW: Custom lscripts.pak (painkiller.exe -lscripts filename.pak).
- NEW: 1.5+ networking core included.
- NEW: 1.5+ graphics engine updated (includes Shader Model 3.0 support).
- NEW: Enhanced server maintenance and configuration tool.
- NEW: Cfg.StartupWeapon (1-7), 0 - start weapon disabled.
- NEW: CPL console lockout option on dedicated servers.
- CHANGE: No callvoting non CTF maps while in CTF.
- CHANGE: Movement values tweaked to match 1.35.
- CHANGE: Players joining Duel servers to make 3+ games adjusted.
- FIX: Low level water in DM_Exmortis.
- FIX: Respawning errors in CTF_Forbidden.
- FIX: Stakegun shooting sound is now correct for all players.
- FIX: DM_Exmortis: low-resolution graphics errors fixed.
- FIX: Acid damage in DM_Exmortis works correctly.
- FIX: SMG will continue to do the firing with no ammo is fixed.
- FIX: DM_Fragenstien: Mirror Teleport with machine gun ammo works properly.
- FIX: Minor problems with "CDKey in use" on LAN have been fixed.
- FIX: Commando bright skins error in CTF is fixed.
- FIX: Faulty rocket jump when playing on the Internet bug fixed.
- FIX: Commando brightskins are fixed when on opposite CTF team.
- FIX: Miscellaneous MP timer issues.
- FIX: CTF flag issue
- FIX: Timer bug
- FIX: Items now disappear correctly.
- FIX: Demon morph mode is recorded in demos.
- FIX: Sometimes demos were playing with incorrect speed.
More articles about Painkiller