Corruption, murder, betrayal, conspiracy...and that's just the opening sequence.
As a 12 year old boy you watch your father (a navy 'Criminal Investigation Division' officer) and mother murdered. Growing up a juvenile deliquent you finally get released to freedom at age 18. Mayhem, revenge and retribution are on the cards as you set about avenging your parents the only way you know how.
Hire and train a crew or go it alone...take on a marine corps camp, drug lords' compound, kidnap an influential figure, assassinate a target for money. Build wealth and influence, mass an arsenal, command ships, all in the name of Retribution.
Retribution uses Artificial Studio's advanced game engine – Reality. It is a FPS or 3rd person shooter (your choice) with a movie like script. A large variety of photo realistic scenes to explore as you work your way through the game ensure that you never feel the game is repetitive. Featuring open play which enables you to hire and improve your crew members and their abilities, build an arsenal of weapons, acquire a range of equipment, and complete numerous mercenary tasks for cash. Attempt the main storyline missions at your leisure.
Primary Objective– Take retribution on your parents' murderer.
Sounds – Simple
Difficulty – Hard
Problem – Finding him
Problem – Women…well…one woman
Problem – Your target commands a navy vessel and has a trained army at his disposal
Intense action, coupled with the most intelligent team management seen to date, artistic diversity rarely seen in a computer game, and a script that reads like a movie. Plus the advanced features of the Reality engine which utilises the latest in artistic techniques. At U-235 Studios just having the ability to do something isn't enough, we set out to fully utilise and exploit every new technique. It's not good enough to have an advanced physics system, but each object in Retribution is carefully modelled to our 'game standard' so interactivity is realistic.
Couple this with a multiplayer element across 11 unique scenes, each very different and so well crafted you'll forget you're playing the same game.
- Scenery: 11 unique land-based scenes, ranging from your tropical beach hideout, a marine corps camp, a drug lords compound, the port area of Miami and more.
- Ocean: Realistic water techniques never achieved before in real time in a computer game.
- AI: Elaborate and intelligent AI which makes you re-think the way you play computer games – without taking away the joy of beating impossible odds.
- Damage System: A unique damage system devised in conjunction with gamers to enable enjoyable game play, visual effects, and a realism level that doesn't detract from the fun.
- Crew Advancement: Once you hire your crew members they begin to advance depending on the action they see, or the training they have been placed in.
- Crew Battle Management: Unique battle management techniques to interact with your crew that are sure to become standards once other companies see what we've come up with.
- Interaction: A detailed level of interaction between characters including realistic cause and effect. The days of '3 phrase characters' are officially over.
- Transport: Buy, hijack, steal or ransack boats in the Caribbean. Clean them up and sell them for cash. All attacks on vessels are done in FPS/3rdPS mode, use your brain as well as brawn to make your attacks as clean as possible.
- FPS or 3rdPS: Play in first person or 3rd person modes (switch at any time) throughout the game.
- Hostages: Take hostages from a battle, be it an attack on a vessel in the Caribbean you have coordinated, or a mercenary task. Manage your hostage negotiations and build up your cash, but be careful not to attract too much attention.
- Environment: Realistic day/night cycles and advanced world time system which ties into various elements such as crew advancement, financial management etc.
- Time warp: Retribution is played over a large geographical area, however, a unique time warp system ensures you won't waste time waiting while travelling.
- Multi-Player: Death match, team death match, cooperative and team cooperative modes.