The companies are also scheduled to release games based on the everGirl brand, a lifestyle brand for "tween" girls, and Paramount Pictures'/Nickelodeon Movies' upcoming theatrical release "Barnyard."
"We are pleased to release the first details of our 2005 Nickelodeon video game lineup, which boasts titles based on properties kids love and parents trust, all with great game play to provide hours of quality interactive entertainment to Nickelodeon fans," said Peter Dille, senior vice president, worldwide marketing, THQ. "We expect that this strong lineup will build upon the success of our 2004 holiday releases, which introduced new brands, built upon the accomplishments of our joint original property Tak, and helped THQ achieve lifetime sales of more than $700 million for Nickelodeon-branded games worldwide."
"We look forward to building on our longstanding, successful alliance with THQ in 2005," said Stephen Youngwood, senior vice president, Nickelodeon Media Products Group. "This year's lineup is stronger than ever, with sequels to several properties already established in the game space, as well as the introduction of new Nickelodeon TV, theatrical and lifestyle brands to our growing base of interactive fans."
The 2005 THQ/Nickelodeon video game lineup includes:
- SpongeBob SquarePants (working title) -- SpongeBob SquarePants, the character that continues to hold the #1 Q-score rating for kids ages 6-14, goes multiplayer for the first time ever. This year's title is a collection of 30 party-style games that allows players to compete for a role in a Bikini Bottom TV show, "The Adventures of Mermaidman & Barnacleboy." Up to four players will "audition" using both competitive and co-operative game play elements to earn roles in a 15-minute, full-fledged episode. Available for Xbox(R), PlayStation(R)2, GameCube(R), Game Boy(R) Advance, DS, PSP and PC this fall.
- Tak 3 (working title) -- In the third installment of THQ/Nickelodeon's original, million unit-selling video game property, Tak -- everyone's favorite shaman -- is back in another platform adventure set in his mystical tribal world where magic (juju) actually works. An innovative two player cooperative game play style combines unique puzzles, time-based strategies, and a robust combat system that requires players to defeat zany competitors to receive the grandest reward ever given by the great Jujus. Available for PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Game Boy Advance and DS this fall.
- Nicktoons (working title) -- For the first time ever, a true collaboration of popular Nickelodeon heroes and villains come together and cross over into multiple Nickelodeon cartoon environments, interacting with each other and working together to solve puzzles. Playable characters from the most popular shows will include SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom in a four person multiplayer platform adventure. Available for PlayStation 2 and Nintendo's GameCube, Game Boy Advance and DS this fall.
- Barnyard -- Based on Paramount Pictures' and Nickelodeon Movies' upcoming theatrical release, this adventure game will offer a humorous look at how farm animals really live when humans are not around. Players start as the new cow on the block and work their way though challenges in a fully rendered 3D world to prove they are the biggest party animal of all. The film is written, produced and directed by acclaimed comedy writer/producer Steve Oedekerk and stars the voices of Emmy Award-winning actor Danny Glover, Sam Elliot, Wanda Sykes, Kevin James and Courteney Cox. Available for PlayStation 2, GameCube, Game Boy Advance and PC this fiscal year.
- The Fairly OddParents (working title) -- In this adventure based on the top-rated show for kids, Cosmo, Wanda and Timmy Turner set out on a zany new adventure as they are pitted against their nemesis, Mr. Crocker, and evil anti-fairies who have broken into Dimmsdale. On the unluckiest day of year, Friday the 13th, it's up to Timmy and his Fairy God Parents to use their quick wit and bountiful wishes to defeat the anti-fairies and foil Crocker's plan to take over the world. Available for Game Boy Advance this fall.
- Danny Phantom (working title) -- Danny Phantom, a half-ghost with paranormal powers, is responsible for capturing ghosts and monsters roaming the earth. This fast-paced action game recreates Danny's TV powers, allowing the player to walk through walls, shoot ghostly beams and howl a ghostly wail as he/she saves the world from Clockwork, a sinister ghost with the power to control time. Available for Game Boy Advance this fall.
- everGirl (working title) -- Based on the tween lifestyle brand launched in 2004, this action/adventure game will contain loads of adventures tailored specifically to the player's personality type. The everGirl brand features a clothing and accessories line with a companion Web site based on a fictional group of friends with different styles. The game mimics the different lifestyles of the brand, allowing girls to customize their characters so they can play sports, design fashions, produce music or become an entrepreneur. Available for PC and GBA this fall.
For more information about THQ and Nickelodeon products, as well as THQ's other video games, please visit www.thq.com.