The story of the critically acclaimed RPS (Role-Playing-Strategy) game reaches its ultimate climax with the third part of the saga set in a new continent against a background of sand covered ruins, lush oases and exotic cities. Known for its rich background world, spectacular graphics and challenging game play, SpellForce has captured gamers around the globe. The highly anticipated second Add-On from developer Phenomic and publisher JoWooD will substantially increase the tactical choices for the players with a total of twenty-four new player units and buildings as well as the possibility for their Avatar to reach level 50, adding over 40 new skills and spells for their heroes.
Following the requests of many players, the popular co-op mode will now be enhanced with quests for the group of heroes and of course new maps for both player vs. player and co-op multiplayer.
"With the extensive single player campaign and the possibility to use either Avatar from the two previous games SpellForce - Shadow of the Phoenix has more to offer than most full price games in the market." comments Jan Wagner, Product Manager at publisher JoWooD. "We have tried to incorporate many of our community's suggestions and build on the strength of the well established SpellForce game mechanics. Especially with the new units and the increased Avatar's Level we are confident to have opened new possibilities for the players who have enjoyed SpellForce but are looking to expand their tactical and strategic choices." adds Volker Wertich, Phenomic's founder and chief developer of SpellForce.
Players need to own SpellForce-The Order of Dawn or SpellForce Gold Edition to run the game. SpellForce will retail at £19.99 in the UK from February 18th 2005.
By means of an enslaved god's life essence, a dark necromancer is trying to raise the powerful circle mages from the dead and subject them to his unholy rule. Only the mysterious powers of the Phoenix Stone will be able to overcome the power of the returning of the Circle. Thus the Rune is summoned again to put an end to his former slave-masters once an for all. But to free the special powers of the Phoenix Stone the blade of the Shadow Sword is required which is held by the rune warrior of Urgath. The two avatars need to combine their powers and work together to overcome this final enemy.
- Two new units and buildings per race – siege units and fast moving swarm units offer a new layer of tactical depth and challenge the player's abilities
- Extensive single player campaign with more than 40 hours of game play continuing the storyline of the first two parts of SpellForce.
- Avatars can now reach Level 50 and employ 40 new powerful abilities and spells.
- Use your Avatars from SpellForce- The Order of Dawn or Breath of Winter and continue their adventure from either perspective
- Dozens of new enemies and spectacular boss monsters
- Over 150 new items and 27 powerful set items, some of them can be modified by the player
- Ten new multiplayer maps and 15 Co-op maps. Now Co-op will feature Quests for the players.
More articles about SpellForce: Shadow of the Phoenix