Civilization IV not only delivers the best gameplay experience in the history of the series through gorgeous 3D graphics and sound, and hefty new features like religion, civics, and great people - this groundbreaking version also offers players six unique ways to become the ruler of the world!
- Time Victory - achieved by the player who can do whatever it takes throughout all of human history to defeat enemies, expand their civs, win the hearts and minds of the people, and boasts the highest score at the end of the game, in 2050 AD.
- Conquest Victory - achieved by the player who successfully eliminates all of their rivals, including some of the most famous leaders throughout history.
- Domination Victory - awarded when a player uses military might and cunning negotiation tactics to conquer a certain percentage of the world's population and global land mass.
- Cultural Victory - awarded when a player has developed a culture so powerful that three of their cities have achieved legendary culture status.
- The classic Space Race Victory - achieved when a player is the first to complete all of the components necessary to send colonists off into space to found a new colony on Alpha Centauri.
- The brand new Diplomatic Victory - awarded to the diplomatically gifted player who, at the end of the game, is elected to become the Secretary General of the United Nations.