In Dreamlords, players assume the role of a Dreamlord in the control of a patria. A patria is a chunk of land floating in the universe with its own population and various natural resources. The patria is the base of operations. This is where everything starts; the population lives here, which enables a player to create an army and construct buildings. As the patria grows, more choices must be made. Player skills are required to focus a strategy, be it might through force, cunning, alliances or some other means. Everything is allowed in the war for existence.
Managing your patria will be done using the online management interface, which can be accessed from anywhere via the Internet and any supported browser. How well you manage the patria will directly influence how mighty your armies become. Fighting victorious battles and resolving events successfully will strengthen your army, in addition to research granting superior armor and weapons.
There are always several tasks, such as fighting off monsters that are harassing the population, demonic summonings, and fighting the Reasonists. Other unacceptable disturbances also need to be dealt with. Leaving such events unresolved will have a negative effect on the patria. Although a player may continue without completing an event, completion will keep the patria in good order, and that in turn, gives the player an advantage. Often times resolving events will have passive benefits such as gnosis and other goodies.
A huge part of Dreamlords is PvP combat and our focus is that the battle be loads of fun. The PvP battles are accessed through a lobby in the game client. The lobby is a matchmaker that pits players of similar strengths against each other.
The Lobby enables a player to engage in compelling combat with a few clicks of the mouse and still enjoy all the benefits of the hard work previously put into the game. Since the game is persistent all new units and upgrades are still availiable for the next match (unless they were destroyed).
Player vs Player combat will be very rewarding and it is one of the main ways of getting the main resource in the game, gnosis.
Dreamlords is a progression through time and new technologies and units can only be aquired after a certain minimum amount of time. However players can greatly influence how new things become available to them. Like many strategy games, players gain strength by having more and stronger units. There are several ways players can achieve this. Skill and dedication will greatly affect how strong players are at a given time in the game. Players can harden their units on the battlefield, quest for specific equipment, or focus hard on researching what they need.
Progression in Dreamlords is also significally different depending on which race the player chooses to play. Some might be centered on solving special racial events that lead to new things and others might rely on research and efficiency.
The most basic way of progression is in doing. Being an active dream lord, making active choices, having goals, resolving events, and battling against other players will be beneficial.
- Your victories matter! : Unlike ordinary strategy games, every victory, valuable item, long sought after technology, and even your units will stay with you. Including those matches against human opponents. Everything stays with you for the duration of the round, and your persona develops traits which are kept permanently.
- Be active, be rewarded : After working hard with managing your lands and armies feel the reward when you load the PvP Lobby and realize you have become significantly stronger.
- Rewarding quest system : Resolve the events on your patria and your population will prosper, soldiers get hardened and the dreamer will notice you, making you more powerful
- Epic quests : Acquire special rewards such as wondrous items or new knowledge after completing epic quests.
- New RTS mode : The RTS gameplay is unique and specially designed to provide interesting strategic choices while being intense and exciting. Everything geared to provide the perfect RTS experience.
- Persistent world : Play with and against real people, help your friends and sabotage for your enemies.
- Web interface : Enter the management interface from any computer with Internet access.
More articles about Dreamlords