In Shattered Union, following an increase in terrorism, internal strife and ultimately, the nuclear destruction of Washington, D.C., the United States shatters into a half-dozen nation-states that become embroiled in a civil war. Gamers take the helm of one of these newfound sovereignties or control European peacekeepers as they struggle to reunify America by force, in either a dynamic and non-linear single player campaign or in one-on-one multiplayer skirmishes with friends.
"Shattered Union has a unique and exciting storyline," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director of 2K Games. "With its non-linear missions, fully destructible environments and addictive gameplay, Shattered Union is a highly anticipated strategy game."
Battles can be fought on a hex-grid -- popular among tried-and-true turn-based strategy gamers and military strategy gamers -- allowing for full six-way movement across the detailed landscapes of the United States.
- Modern 3D, "hex-grid", turn-based, war strategy game.
- Non-linear mission progression with changes based on player-made decisions.
- Real-time resolution of turned-based moves. Take your time while you decide your move, but once you have selected your action, see the results all play out in full animation models, exploding vehicles, and burning cities and forests!
- Fully destructible terrain/environment. As the battle proceeds, everything from explosions and destroyed buildings permanently mark the terrain. At the end, very little will look the same.
- Fight your way across the United States! Had enough of the windy city? Then go ahead and bomb Chicago! Invade across the Rockies into California, capture the tank factories in Ohio, and lay siege to New York City! You decide - the fate of the nation is in your hands!
- Choose to play as one of seven different factions: California Commonwealth, Pacifica, Republic of Texas, Great Plains Federation, The Confederacy, New England Alliance and the European Expeditionary Force.
- Call up National Guard forces equipped with M1 Abrams battle tanks, Bradley fighting vehicles, Apache helicopters and stealth bombers. Or utilize the unique Future Combat Systems (FCS) of each nation-state and mow your enemies down with futuristic weaponry.
- Online and offline multiplayer support.
Shattered Union is rated T for Teen and is available now for a suggested retail price of $29.99 on PC and $39.99 on Xbox.
For more information please visit http://www.2kgames.com/shatteredunion.
More articles about Shattered Union