The world was first introduced to Toru Iwatani's yellow dot muncher in 1980. Shaped like a pizza missing a slice and making a wocka-wocka-wocka sound, Pac-Man exploded onto the video game scene and never looked back. 25 years later, Pac-Man has starred in dozens of games and been associated with over 400 products, from instant noodles to air fresheners. He has even inspired well known musicians to compose Pac-Man themed songs.
"Like all of us, Pac-Man has evolved over the years, changing with the times," said Toru Iwatani, creator of Pac-Man. "People love Pac-Man because he's simple, cute, and most important, FUN."
Celebrate Pac-Man's 25th anniversary with the latest in the popular series, Pac-Man World 3. After mysteriously having been transported out of Pac-Village and into the Spectral Realm, it is up to Pac-Man to uncover the evil genius Erwin's plot and save the world. Along the way, Pac-Man will meet a host of unexpected "old friends" and, in order to defeat the ultimate enemy, he might just have to turn his old foes into allies!
Combining contemporary platform game mechanics with traditional Pac-Man play principles, Pac-Man World 3 features staples such as Power Pellets, Pac-Dots, Pac-Chains and fruit while adding new elements including the Pactrometer and power-up smoothies. And to help him on his way Pac-Man has been learning some new special moves and can now punch enemies, swing around poles and jump up walls. Players will even get to play as Pinky and Clyde, who each have distinctive special abilities.
- New Story - puts Pac-Man into a strange new world, leading him to the mystrerious Spectrum Realm.
- Control the Ghosts - Special feature now allows players to control Pinky and Clyde
- Store an arsenal of power-ups like the Power Ribbon, Time Decelerator, Electro Charge, Chrome Power, and Super Butt Bounce..... and super charge them by collecting special fruits!
- Get transported into classic 2D and 3D Pac-Man mazes to compete for bonuses.
- New Pac-Man moves - Now you can climb fences, jump up walls, swing around poles and punch enemies!
- Includes the original Pan-Man arcade game from 1980!
More articles about Pac-Man World 3