Erik Schreuder, Lighthouse CEO, said: "We are extremely pleased to add War World to our stable of promising titles. With the planned additions that we will be making, we think it is going to be a great game. So far we have been very impressed by the great looks and smooth feel of the game and by the fantastic netcode, allowing gamers to play virtually lagfree over large distances. We're very keen to bring War World to European gamers in a couple of months."
War World is a planet dedicated to conflict and battle. A world where powerful armored mechanised warriors compete in savage battles in breathtaking outdoor arenas. War World features 50 different weapons systems from long-range missiles and mortars, through to the brutal, close-action mini gun, pinpoint accurate laser cannons and many, many more. Combined with an unreal range of electronic weapons systems, countermeasures, surveillance technologies and a range of different mechanoid chassis to customize, War World offers a totally new experience for fast paced shooter fans and gamers worldwide. Look out for War World on European retail shelves by mid February 2006.
Morten Brodersen, CEO at Third Wave Games, added: "We are very pleased to be working with such a respected partner as Lighthouse Interactive and are looking forward to bringing War World to pan-European retail."
The enhanced version of "War World: Tactical Combat" is being built on the core of the much acclaimed version 1.06, a version which had been previously available as an online-only release in North America. The much improved European retail version will feature several new additions to that version such as LAN support, "Capture the Flag" and "Team Objective" multiplayer modes and two additional singleplayer modes: "Deathmatch" and "Team Deathmatch".
The game combines the fast-paced action and controls of the world's favourite shooters with a 3rd person viewpoint. A unique combination of all-out carnage and active strategy, gives War World a unique blend of fast-paced gameplay which moves way beyond the normal run, shoot, repeat action of popular FPS titles.
- Build and customize your mechs and battle through the carnage of smoking metal.
- Carefully balanced weapons systems, use up to 5 weapons simultaneously for fast and furious action.
- Up to 9 upgrades for each weapon : missiles, mini-guns, mortars, lasers, mine-launchers and shields.
- Custom-based : player created game elements.
- Smooth control system combining the best of 1st and 3rd person games.
- 100 level singleplayer campaign in 6 difficulty settings.
- Fast paced and ultra smooth multiplayer action both online and via LAN.
- 4 game modes in both single- and multiplayer. .