It's Christmas time in New York City and a strange virus has appeared turning seemingly normal citizens into the insane, violent Infected. Rookie Officer Stevens is one of the first victims but unlike others, is strangely immune. The mysterious Dr. Schaeffer discovers that Stevens' blood can be used to destroy the otherwise invincible Infected, and creates a special "viral gun" that fills shells with blood from Stevens' arm and blasts them straight into the Infected, causing them to violently explode.
Featuring an engrossing single-player campaign with lavishly gory details, Infected unlocks the world of Wi-Fi via exciting multiplayer modes. To participate in multiplayer combat, players create their own character or avatar. Those who are victorious in combat can "infect" the loser's PSP system with their avatar and gain ranking points. Avatars can be defeated through a variety of methods, as well as passed along from player to player thus creating a viral chain letter of attack.
Once unlocked, use BloodRayne to splatter zombies on the streets of New York City in single player missions or use her in Wi-Fi multiplayer matches where through your victories, you'll infect your opponents' PSP with her character! Infect your friends with BloodRayne!
Some of BloodRayne's closest buddies are unlockable characters in Infected too; we're talking Slipknot! All 9 members of Slipknot! In addition, Slipknot is part of a killer soundtrack that also features Fear Factory, Ill Niño, Chimaira, and other Roadrunner Records artists. And don't forget to pick up Slipknot's first ever live album, Slipknot 9.0: Live, on November 1st and catch them live on tour this fall. For more info, check out this Ecard
Other exciting first-look features for Infected include:
- Infect the world - spread your unique avatar like a virus to other players' PSP systems via exciting multiplayer modes such as Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch;
- Through multiplayer victories, players can potentially spread their avatars from player to player around the globe;
- Form clans with shared uniforms, spreading the same unique virus to the lesser skilled;
- Ultra-fast paced, two-gun action in the streets of New York;
- Access a huge arsenal of guns and viral weapons, as well as special weapons like air strikes and fire trails that ignite chains of Infected;
- Set off massive chain reactions of exploding Infected, showering the streets with blood.