Under the terms of the agreement, THQ will distribute the title on Xbox in all territories outside North America and Japan and for the PC in all territories outside North America, Japan, Russia, Slovenia, Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic.
"We're excited to be able to bring this unique and innovative title to PAL territories," stated Ian Curran, senior vice president, THQ (UK) Ltd. "Working with Aspyr gives us a great opportunity to grow our global business and strengthen our position as a leading video game publisher."
"THQ's expertise in managing key brands makes them an excellent partner," said Vip Patel, vice president, Aspyr Europe. "We're confident that their team will do a great job getting Stubbs the Zombie into the hands of eagerly awaiting fans,"
- Play as a Zombie and give those unpleasant, violent humans a piece of your mind...by eating theirs.
- Destroy an entire city built with Bungie's Halo Engine.
- Use Zombie Strength to smash down doors and maul a wide variety of citizens and armed defenders.
- Spread Zombie Love by eating the brains of your enemies and adding them to your own personal zombie horde.
- Possess unsuspecting humans and use their weapons against their friends.
- Use Your Body as a Weapon in the deadliest offense ever: explosive gut grenades, zombie sputum, a severed hand that can crawl through tight spaces and possess the living, a head that doubles as an unholy bowling ball, and flatulence beyond the ken of mortal men.
Technical features include an enhanced version of Halo's graphic engine with all new pixel shaders, new screen effects for an appropriately cinematic look and feel, and a new AI system for the most keenly intelligent mindless zombies in the history of video games.
The game is expected to be released for the Xbox and PC in the UK in February, 2006.