The second phase of the Amplifier Challenge will kick off today, with Amped 3 fans logging onto the official Amped 3 web site (www.Ampedsnowboarding.com). On the site they can listen to the 20 tracks featured on the Amped 3 Soundtrack and vote for their favorite. The band that receives the highest average fan rating will win $10,000 and a coveted slot at the revered and influential South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas in March 2006.
2K Sports is proud to announce the following fan-selected bands and songs on the Amped 3 Soundtrack (in no specific order):
- Tub Ring - The Promise Keeper
- Hellogoodbye - Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn
- Halifax - Anthem For Tonight
- Hidden In Plain View - Ashes Ashes
- Houston Calls - Exit, Emergency
- Emery - Studying Politics
- Underoath - It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door
- The Junior Varsity - Get Comfortable
- Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn
- Boys Night Out – Healing
- Cartel - Say Anything (Else)
- The Rocket Summer - Around The Clock
- The Dirtball - Bulldoggin'
- Copeland - No One Really Wins
- Day At The Fair – Coda
- After The Tragedy - The Soul Burns, The Body Decays Pt. 1
- Self Against City - All This Time
- Tears From The Sky - Nailed Down
- Waking Ashland - I Am For You
- June - OK Corral
Amped 3, embodying the snowboard and alternative lifestyle culture and style, has one of the largest selections of music ever in a video game with over 300 Indie tracks from some of today's hottest underground bands. Styles range from punk to techno, rap, hard-core rock and a little bit of everything in between.
Amped 3 gives snow junkies their fix with an all-new physics engine, perfected controls for all the hottest tricks, and the most authentic riding experience at some of the world's greatest winter resorts. Amped 3 captures the soul of snowboarding with incredible customization, a fat helping of boarding culture and large worlds loaded with addictive gameplay. With a new Terrain Park BuilderTM, bone-breaking sledding and snowmobiles for exploring the terrain, players can be who they want, go where they want and do what they want.
The Amped 3 Soundtrack will be available in November as a pre-sell promotional item.
More articles about Amped 3