The second installment in the popular Vietcong series, Vietcong 2 is a first-person shooter featuring competitive multiplayer for up to 64 players and co-op play for up to eight players. In the game, players battle across the ancient city of Hue, engaging in gritty, urban combat while utilizing more than 50 authentic weapons.
"Vietcong 2 is an excellent addition to the Vietcong franchise," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director of 2K Games. "The new multiplayer features, dual campaigns and urban environments will please both fans of the series and newcomers alike."
Set against the backdrop of the 1968 Tet Offensive, Vietcong 2 takes place in and around an ancient city during the Vietnam War. Brought-to-life through a compelling storyline compiled from first-hand accounts and memories of Special Forces and Infantry servicemen, Vietcong 2 allows players to battle across 14 distinct locations as they progress through the game. And for the first time in the Vietcong series, Vietcong 2 contains two story-based single player campaigns, allowing players to experience both sides of the conflict first-hand.
"Vietcong 2 captures the essence of the Vietnam War," said Jarek Kolar, lead game designer, Pterodon. "With Vietcong 2, the visceral experiences of this historic conflict truly comes-to-life."
- Fight a battle of up to 64 people or engage in co-operative missions with up to eight people over the Internet or LAN.
- Experience both sides of the war as either a US or Vietcong soldier.
- Take part in an incredibly accurate recreation of the Tet Offensive compiled from first-hand accounts.
- Command military and civilian vehicles to gain the advantage.
- Wield more than 50 weapons from the Vietnam War.
Vietcong 2, developed by Pterodon, is rated M for Mature and is available now for PC in North America for a suggested retail price of $29.99.
More articles about Vietcong 2