The Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six franchise, hailed for its immersive single-player and multi-player experiences, continues with Lockdown as Team Rainbow, the world's premier counter-terrorist unit, is called on to fight a deadly bioterrorism threat. The crisis takes Rainbow into new territory and new situations, as for the first time the hunter becomes the hunted.
All-new features, specific to the PC, add to the tensest close-quarter battles ever experienced online.
New features include:
- Enhanced Tactical Experience
- Deadlier enemies with improved tactics require quick and intense decision making. But move too fast and you'll find the enemy waiting for you!
- Hostages that must be navigated through the level and accounted for during firefights. Keep them safe and get them out alive!
- New Multiplayer Features
- "Class Style" gameplay for multiplayer, allowing more specialization
- Multiplayer reward system
- New "Free-for-all" game type
- The return of 3 classic maps : 747, Mint, and Bunkers
- Re-imagined missions, more challenging than ever before
- Re-vamped Rivalry Mode: Rainbow vs. Mercenaries, battling over three different objective types simultaneously. No two Rivalry matches play out exactly the same way!
- New Equipment
- Enemy use of Lock Fusers in single-player gameplay presents new challenges to the player
- Laser Trip Mines, Virus grenades, and C4 explosives add new options to the multiplayer arsenal
- New Weapons and Attachments
- 20 new weapons, 42 overall
- 6 brand new weapons never used before in a Rainbow game
- 14 fan favorites from franchise history
- Customize your weapon to suit your style of play: Silencers, Scopes, red-dot sights, hi-cap magazines.
1) Is the storyline of PC version the same as Lockdown on console?
We have modified the storyline to enhance the PC players overall experience. The essence of which includes independent terrorist threats, tied together by one common element, the Legion virus. Rainbow must determine the connection between the terrorist threats and the virus and stop the virus from causing massive destruction.
2) Is the Lockdown PC version a port from Lockdown console?
No, Lockdown PC is not a port from the console version. We have been hard at work creating PC specific features, modified mission structure, with enhanced graphics, improved AI behaviors, and new combat model to give the player more flexibility in approaching challenges. We have done everything we can to ensure that this PC title is a unique and engaging game all its own.
3) How many missions will it contain?
There will be a total of 16 single player missions and all of which can be played in Co-op as well. There will also be 9 maps that are set aside specifically for intense multiplayer action. These 9 maps include 3 classic maps that have been visually redone for Lockdown.
4) What specific features will be especially appealing to the PC community?
Lockdown's controls and interface have been tailored for the PC player. We've added 20 new weapons, including 2 new classes of weapons (machine pistols and secondary shotguns). Weapon attachments add more flexibility to how the weapons perform and allow PC users to customize weapons to suit their style of play. The AI has been significantly upgraded; both your teammates and your enemies are smarter and more lethal. And hostages are now active parts of the mission, once discovered, they must be protected and guided toward safe extraction points. In multi-player we have both refined the Rivalry game mode as well as added the classic Free-For-All.
5) Why did the PC version ship later than the console ones?
We wanted to invest extra time and resources to ensure that this game will satisfy the PC players. This extra time enabled the Lockdown PC development team to polish the game and develop specific PC features such as the ones described above.