Tales of Eternia was first released on the PlayStation in Japan in 2000 and was the third title in the fan-favourite “Tales of” series of role-playing games, known for its original and dynamic action-oriented battle system, polished character design and unique atmosphere. Tales of Eternia will send players off on a rich adventure through a dreamlike world.
“Ubisoft is thrilled to partner with Namco to bring Tales of Eternia, a highly anticipated gem from a classic series, to Europe,” said John Parkes, EMEA marketing director at Ubisoft. “Tales of Eternia is an acclaimed and popular Japanese franchise, and we're very pleased to add this version, perfectly adapted for handheld format, to Ubisoft's line-up of superior games.”
"I think RPGs and handheld gaming devices goes so well together,” said Tales of Eternia Producer Matoko Yoshidumi. “This is especially so for the PSP. I hope you can enjoy the high quality of Eternia on the PSP."
Three childhood friends, Reid Hershel, Farah Oersted, and a mysterious purple-haired girl named Meredy with a boisterous pet named Quickie, must embark on a journey to learn the truth about the fate of their world. Meredy's planet is going to collide with that of Reid and Farah, and she sets out to find elements that can stop that from happening. Along the way, the trio faces all manner of obstacles and puzzles that they have to overcome in order to save both worlds.
- An entire world in the palm of the hand: Players can control one character out of a party of four through magnificent fantasy 2D environments and 3D world maps.
- Acclaimed battle system: Innovative “Tales of” Linear Motion Battle system; different striking techniques, real-time combos and spells.
- Diverse gameplay: A collection of challenging mini-games perfectly integrated into the story allows the characters to earn unique features.
- Accessible gameplay: Players can quickly learn impressive moves and combos, offering a massive range of possible attacks.
- Incredible lasting appeal: The players travel through cities, regions and continents to learn about their destiny and change the fate of their world.
- Build up your own heroes: A gigantic number of different items, equipment and spells.
- PSP optimization: Not a single load time during the whole game, renewed game experience taking advantage of the PSP™ wide screen.
- Motoi Sakuraba’s original soundtrack: Magnificent music from Motoi Sakuraba, the famous RPG music composer.