Presented in a first-person view for maximum visceral effect, this atmospheric thriller is best played with the surround-sound up and the lights off. Given the power of nextgeneration hardware, Condemned: Criminal Origins features photo-realistic backdrops, life-like physics, and highly sophisticated artificial intelligence. Weapons and ammunition are scarce, leaving the player vulnerable to a gallery of mentally deranged criminals. Careful detective work and precision reflexes are a player's primary means of survival. Inspired in part by the films of the psychological thriller sub-genre, Condemned: Criminal Origins maintains an intense, focused pace. Players can never be sure what waits around each corner.
- Next-generation lighting, mapping, and filtering techniques provide for environments of unprecedented detail and visual quality.
- Intelligent enemies respond strategically to your offensive and defensive maneuvers.
- High-level physics allow players to manipulate background items, which respond realistically when picked up, kicked, or bumped.
- A tightly wound story is backed with strong character development and major plot twists.
- Meticulously crafted 5.1 surround-sound will cue players to the location of offscreen enemies.
Condemned, the first next-generation console and PC game announced by SEGA, is slated to ship in Winter 2005.
More articles about Condemned: Criminal Origins