Scratches will take place in a beautifully crafted Victorian house but the players will also have to look for the key to the mystery in a huge garden with the mandatory crypt, a long-time abandoned greenhouse and a gloomy chapel. Lush graphics will bring the environment to stunning life.
1963. James T. Blackwood, a most distinguished gentleman and a highly respected engineer, is accused of murdering his wife, an event that shocks the entire population of his hometown. Before even being able to defend his honour, James Blackwood suddenly dies of a heart attack, although it is rumored he commits suicide. Police investigations concerning the gruesome event are halted and the case is filed.
1964. Christopher Milton, an intimate friend of the Blackwood family, moves in to the house of the late James Blackwood, as stated in Blackwood's will, and retires from his job as a doctor, living the life of a recluse.
1975. Dr. Milton vanishes without a trace, never to be seen again.
1980. You arrive at your newly acquired home, an old Victorian house lost in the outskirts of Rothbury, a small market town in Northumberland, England. The weather does not look good, but you are charmed by this peaceful and quiet place. Perhaps not that quiet as the rooms of this exquisite mansion speak about past events whose echoes can still be heard through its walls - literally. As you set to uncover dark secrets, you slowly become aware of an alarming and terrifying fact: You are NOT alone
- A haunting storyline spread over two decades, filled with unexpected twists and turns and a shocking ending.
- Exploration of a realistic Victorian mansion, designed after real models and blueprints of the era, brought to life with sharp panoramic graphics.
- You don't play a character, you are the character! Stay in close touch with his emotions by knowing his thoughts, his feelings... and his fears.
- Impressive special effects: the clouds in the sky slowly move as you take a walk outdoors, while flashes of lightning startle you and raindrops hit the windows when you are inside the house, looking for shelter from a fierce storm.
- An unobtrusive, user-friendly interface that makes the game comfortable to play, thus allowing players to focus on the story and its development.
- A hint system that seamlessly integrates clues and suggestions about the next step to take or puzzle solutions within dialogues, notes and character comments. Play the game with the difficulty level you prefer!
- Full surround soundtrack.
More articles about Scratches