"The classic board game has been around for a long time and the concept is so ingenious that it will surely continue to be one of the more popular board games in the world," says Fredrik Lindgren, Director of Publishing at Paradox Interactive. "We set out to introduce DIPLOMACY to the 21st century by conveying the board game spirit onto the interactive arena."
Mr Lindgren added, "We believe that everyone deserves to experience the world that is DIPLOMACY."
Set in early 20th century, Paradox Interactive's PC adaptation brings the power struggles of seven mighty nations to life like never before.
- Single-player capabilities allowing players to encounter lifelike opponents at any time.
- Graphical negotiation language, ensuring efficient communication with humans and AI players alike.
- Multiplayer experience, play over the Internet or via LAN with friends.
- True diplomacy, allowing players to form agreements and break them without artificial constructs.
- Online server with ranking ladders, tournaments and matchmaking services, inviting players to participate in competitions over the Internet.
- In-depth tutorial with step-by-step guide through the intricacies of DIPLOMACY.
DIPLOMACY will be found in all major retail stores. Paradox Interactive has licensed the right to create DIPLOMACY for PC from Atari through the brand owner Hasbro. The board game DIPLOMACY is presently manufactured under the AVALON HILL label from Wizards of the Coast, a Hasbro subsidiary.
More articles about Diplomacy