The mysterious disappearing cobweb duster has been found and fixed.
Fixed an internal memory bug that could lead to random crashes
Fixed the display problem in the basement of MM and elaborated on video requirements
Two settings have been added to improve mouse behavior.
1) The user may now disable smart camera hints that direct the camera towards specific targets
2) The user may now disable camera altitude dampening, which will make the mouse more responsive in pitching the camera
Enhanced error reporting has been added. When possible, the game will write out the state of the game to an auxiliary file, which can then be sent to tech support to assist in resolving the issue. The file will be in the installation directory and will be of the form PsychoDumpRXXX-YYYYY.dmp, where XXX-YYYYY represents the internal build version.
- Fixed invalid reference when using Clairvoyance on a held object
- Fixed some cases where a failed asset load would later corrupt the game - Internal localization support
- Align memory allocation for overlapped I/O
- Changed StretchRect filtering for machines that don't support linear filters
- Added fallback to software vertex processing
- Added toggle for smart camera hints - improves mouse behavior when disabled
- Added toggle for camera altitude dampening - improves mouse behavior when disabled
- Added enhanced error reporting
- Fixed bug where collision type could change mid-game and not be recognized by some systems
- Fixed bad pointer reference to console upon exit
- Reordered shutdown sequence
- Fixed bad pointer reference to index buffer upon failure
- Fixed an autosave issue near the end of the game
- Fixed crash on CPUs that don't support SSE
More articles about Psychonauts