Save games from the retail version of Black & White 2 (i.e. Version 1.0), are not compatible with the v1.1 patch.
If you have old save games, it is recommended that they are removed from your 'My Documents'->'Black & White 2'->'Profiles' folder before starting a new game with the patch. This will then prevent any conflicting problems between the two sets of save games. The above procedure isn't vital, it is just advised. The patch is not vital either.
A. Patch Installation
To install Version 1.1 of Black & White® 2 you will need a full copy of the game installed onto your machine.
Double click the Black & White® 2 Patch 1-1.exe. This will launch an installer that will patch your version to the latest version of Black and White 2, version 1.1.
B. Fixes included in this Patch
- Fixed a Technical Hang on Land 3 when trying to create disciples after killing off your population.
- Fixed the command function which cycles through platoon units to not include enemy units.
- Fixed a crash involving creature/tree interaction when the tree had no town status.
- Fixed a creature issue which could stop the paternity suit or seven samurai challenges.
- Fixed a statistics error, after a save/load, with the number of soldiers and archers reported in a town.
- Fixed general balance issues involving rush tactics by an Aggressive God.
- Fixed an issue involving the height at which archer's fire from walls.
- Fixed a crash involving smashing a two story skyscraper.
- Fixed a crash involving walls where a new section of wall from a previously destroyed one could be created.
- Fixed a crash when deconstructing a wall while placing a gatehouse.
- Fixed a restarting land issue when the creature would sometimes change if the profile has save games of different creatures in it.
- Fixed a Technical Hang with the Archaeologist script on Land 6 involving killing a final archaeologist
- Fixed a bug where evil embellishments couldn't be built if you are a good God.
- Fixed a bug where Alignment could go above 100%.
- Fixed a graphical issue when adding a layer to a damaged skyscraper.
- Fixed a statistics error with Towns displaying 0 impressiveness needed to migrate when they cannot migrate.
- Fixed a graphical bug causing the shoreline visuals to vanish.
- Fixed a graphical bug where the Ape does not morph alignment correctly.
- Added an option to skip the initial advisor speech on Land 1 by pressing the Escape key - this will take you directly to the Creature selection.
- Added a silver scroll after the creature selection screen to skip the movement tutorials.
- Added two development team members to credits (sorry guys).
C. Known Issues
1. PLEASE NOTE : After installing the version 1.1 patch, you will need to start a new game for the patch to properly take effect. Your existing Black & White® 2 save games will no longer work. Save games from version 1.0 of Black & White® 2 will not be compatible with version 1.1 of Black & White® 2.
2. As mentioned in the original readme, certain USB headsets may cause issues if they are disconnected during gameplay. This is still the case. To avoid any crashes of the game, please save and quit before removing them.
1. To uninstall Black & White® 2 insert the Black & White® 2 disk, and run setup.exe
2. Left-click on Remove and click Next to uninstall Black & White® 2.
3. Should this fail to work, left-click on the Start menu, select Settings and then Control Panel. Now find Add/Remove Programs and left-click to run. Scroll down the list until you see Black & White® 2, select it and left-click on Add/Remove to uninstall.
If the uninstaller fails to completely remove Black & White® 2 (it may not, for example, delete your Saved Games folder in "My Documents"), delete the folder to which you installed the game. Thus, if you have used the default directories, double left-click on My Computer, double left-click on the C: drive, double left-click on Program Files, left click on the Lionhead Studios folder, then right click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
This will send the remaining files to the Recycle Bin, which you will then need to empty.
More articles about Black & White 2