“As gamers’ spending time in this space has gone up, hackers have become more aggressive,” said Charles Kim, CEO of AhnLab. “The problem is that developers don’t know whether or not their in-house approach to long-term online security will be effective. That's where HackShield comes in - it is the airtight alternative to throwing crucial development resources at the hacker problem.”
HackShield is an extremely cost effective and easy-to-implement online security program with immediate signature and module updates that allow developers to create more secure online worlds. Similar to middleware in terms of outsourcing development, HackShield is the first anti-hacking tool designed specifically for online game contents, giving the developer the ability to do what they do best: develop games, not fight with hackers.
HackShield prevents a significant number of common hacking attacks, including:
- Detects and blocks of hacking tools
- Protects from memory hacking
- Network packet encryption
- Data file and execution file encryption
- Blocks SpeedHack programs that tamper with the system time
- Prevents runtime modifications· advanced anti-debugging technique
- Blocks message hooking
- Blocks auto-mouse operations
- Server-side solution for anti-hacking
- Prevents counterfeiting and modification of program files
AhnLab created and tested HackShield’s technology in Korea, where the MMOG marketplace is nearly five years ahead of the US online gaming market in terms of sheer numbers of gamers. It is a global solution - if a developer/publisher is looking to extend the reach of its MMOG internationally, especially to the vast Asian market, HackShield is the best software that secures vulnerabilities inherent in these online communities.