"We are very excited to bring the only official U.S. Army game to consoles," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "Working firsthand with the U.S. Army to create this all-new title has ensured the deepest and most realistic military game ever to hit the consoles. Players will become immersed in the complete Army experience while learning what it takes to rise through the ranks in the all-new Career mode."
Built in partnership with the U.S. Army and developed by Secret Level, America's Army: Rise of a Soldier offers the most true-to-life Army experience, allowing players to create a soldier and lead him through the excitement of an Army career. Intense single-player missions and high-adrenaline multiplayer action progress the skills of a soldier as he rises through the ranks.
"Our collaboration with Ubisoft has resulted in the most authentic console game about soldiering in the U.S. Army," said Colonel Casey Wardynski, originator and director of the America's Army game project. "America's Army: Rise of a Soldier emulates the real Army, allowing players to choose their own career paths. Players can focus on individual Army roles, like Sniper or Grenadier, or experience different roles in their goal to achieve Green Beret status."
- Unique Career mode: Unparalleled character customization allowss players to create a soldier and take him throughout his career from recruit to Special Forces Team Leader.
- Earn experience points in training and combat missions and use them to increase core skills.
- Play as an integrated member of an eight-man fire team at first, then progress to become a Fire Team Leader responsible for and issuing commands to a fire team.
- The only official U.S. Army game on the console: Real active-duuty Special Forces operatives consulted with game designers to ensure the highest level of realism in any military game in existence. Authentic weapons, equipment and combat situations come straight from the U.S. Army subject matter experts.
- Play it your way: Rise of a Soldier has no linear campaign desiign; players can choose their own career paths. Either focus on certain roles (sniper or automatic rifleman, for example) or experience different roles in the goal to achieve Special Forces.
- Intense Military Action: Quick reflexes, smart tactics, and thee use of teamwork are mandatory to succeed in army missions, which plunge players into ultra-realistic combat scenarios.
- Multiplayer: Rise of a Soldier will offer a top-notch multiplayyer experience with up to 16 players playing on Xbox Live and online for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Career Mode will be brought online, where players can create and build an online character.
The PS2 version of America's Army: Rise of a Soldier is projected to ship in Q1 2006.
More articles about America's Army: Rise of a Soldier