"Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop is great for fans of Tamagotchi and Nintendo DS, and anyone who wants to do more shopping than their real-world wallets will allow," said Cyril Voiron, Marketing Director, Atari Europe. "Players will love opening their own shops, playing the varied mini games with the stylus, and working alongside their favourite characters. Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop is easy to pick up and play for fans of all ages, and the touch screen creates an original and fun interactive experience."
Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop is based on the wildly popular Tamagotchi "virtual pet", which debuted in 1996 and sold more than 40 million units worldwide. Not only did the Tamagotchi spur a pop culture phenomenon, it launched a brand new toy category and has prompted countless imitators.
In Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop, players help Mametchi, Memetchi or Kuchipatchi set up a shop, with the ultimate goal of creating a "royal" shop that is a favourite of Princess Tamako. Players can select from a variety of different stores, including a bakery, beauty salon, dentist's office, flower shop, and more. Once the shop is open, players help their customers by completing mini games with the Nintendo DS stylus. Players apply makeup, treat cavities, decorate cakes and complete many other shop-specific tasks to earn Gs, the Tamagotchi money unit, and progress towards "royal" shop status. Shop interiors can be customised and cute Tamagotchi characters will make appearances throughout the game.
Features for Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop include:
- Selection of different shops – bakery, dentist's office, beauty salon and more
- Colourful, hand-drawn visual style
- Choice of three Tamagotchi business partners – Mametchi, Memetchi and Kuchipatchi
- Shop-specific mini games that utilise the Nintendo DS stylus
- Cute, non-playable characters from the world of Tamagotchi
- Shop customisation options
- Fun sound effects for each mini game, from cake cutting to filling cavities