- If you have installed the 1.12 patch to core Battlefield 2 and then installed Battlefield 2: Special Forces, you will need to re-apply the 1.12 patch again to be able to play on 1.12 Servers.
- Fixed a crash when users switch weapons using the mouse wheel while piloting a bomber (SU-34, F-15 and J10) in core BF2 maps.
- Removed the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line from kits from "The Iron Gator" map.
- Fixed single player loading screens to match map selection image.
- Fixed an issue in the menus so that users can click on BF2:SF ribbons to view the descriptions.
- Fixed an issue in the Browser so that BF2:SF servers are now represented with a green "2" icon.
- Global improvement of collision detection on the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line.
- Fixed damage state artillery icon on the 3d map when an artillery is destroyed.
CHANGE of VIDEO SPECS
- GeForce FX 5900 family:
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900
GeForce FX 5900XT
GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900ZT
GeForce PCX 5900
- For these cards, the default video settings have been changed to LOW.
UPDATE TO GRAPPLING HOOK AND ZIP LINE DESCRIPTION
- GRAPPLING HOOK
- The GRAPPLING HOOK is part of the Assault and Anti-tank kits. Throw it using the fire or alternate fire buttons. Press "E" to get on and off of the rope. Use the direction keys to climb the rope. The rope will connect to any static object in the world, which means it will not work on terrain or vehicles. Any Assault or Anti-Tank kit can pick up any grappling hook, even those from other teams, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.
- ZIP LINE
- The ZIP LINE is part of the Special Forces and Sniper kits. Use the fire button to shoot the line and use the alternate fire button to check if the target is a viable connection point or not. Once the line is in place, use "E" to get on. You will slide down the line automatically. Any Spec-Ops or Sniper kit can pick up any zip line, even those from the other team, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.
- Wake Island Map
Included a remade version of this popular BF1942 map. Battlefield 2 version includes a 64 player layout and is configured for multiplayer only.
- Server Favorites / History
There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.
* Added a button to the other multiplayer tabs that adds the currently highlighted server to your favorites list.
* Added buttons in the in-game server info menu (press TAB to access) that will add or remove the server you are currently playing on to / from your favorites list.
- Account Login Welcome Screen
After you login to an online account, a message appears that contains BF2 news and information which updates periodically.
- Stat Compare
By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats.
You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.
- Nickname Prefix
You can add a 6-character prefix (such as a clan tag) to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the score menu, in game messages, and above your player in the game world.
* This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards).
* You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.
- Server Reserved Slots
You can define a list of player nicknames that will act as a "reservation list" for your server.
* The list is located in modsf2settingsReservedSlots.con
* You can add player names to the list by editing the file and adding the following text for each player :
reservedSlots.addNick <account name>
where <account name> is the player's registered account name, not including a nickname prefix (see above).
* You can define the number of slots to set aside for reserved players in the dedicated server launcher, or with the setting sv.numReservedSlots <number> in your serverSettings.con file.
* The number of players on the list and the number of reserved slots does not necessarily have to be the same.
- Mod Support
There are several new changes that improve support for mods.
* When connecting to a server that is running a mod that you have installed but not activated, it will be automatically activated and you will load into the server.
* Added a filter on the server browser for servers running the currently activated mod.
* Fixed dedicated server launcher to properly handle launching mods.
* Improved support for mods sharing archives with bf2
- Improvements to in-game HUD / Map
* The viewable area of the spawn menu / commander map is now scaled based on the out-of-bounds area so that only the playable area takes up the majority of viewable map space.
* The names of CPs are now displayed on the spawn menu / commander map and minimap
* The minimap zoom level now changes dynamically depending on the type of vehicle you are in. If you zoom in or out manually, that zoom level is remembered for that vehicle type next time you use it.
* The names of players in your vehicle are displayed in the HUD when someone enters the vehicle or switches positions.
* There is a new element in vehicle HUDs that displays the reload time for countermeasures (smoke and flares).
* Flags for each team are now displayed below their ticket count on the minimap to make it easier to tell what team you are assigned to.
- Many criteria for ranks and awards have changed. If you are immediately eligible for a new promotion, unlock, badge, award, or ribbon, it will be awarded the next time you receive points on a ranked server.
- Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase the speed of capture or receive capture score.
- Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits teammates.
- The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D- map icon in the world.
- Auto team balance no longer moves players to the other team if they are a team commander or a squad leader.
- The wrench repair rate on helicopters has been decreased.
- You now receive 1 support point for destroying an enemy commander's artillery, UAV or Radar station.
- If you have received a point for healing, repairing, or resupplying a teammate, you will not receive another point from them for the same action for a set period of time.
- Singleplayer enemies use the knife more effectively.
- New engine sounds for the T98 tank.
- New engine sounds for the China/MEC light jeep.
- New cannon sounds on APCs.
- Fixed physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not killed so easily by moving vehicles.
- Fixed a physics issue that can cause you to be stuck when falling into shallow water
- Fixed an issue with soldier armor when spawning on a squad leader in a vehicle
- Fixed some objects that caused vehicles to take massive collision damage
- Fixed erroneous message stating that you punished a TK when auto-punish is OFF on the server.
- When a vehicle explodes due to external forces, the driver is no longer mis-credited for the kills.
- Added turret movement sounds to several vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that caused crosshairs to stay on the screen when switching camera views.
- Fixed an issue that caused the time limit status of the server not to be sent to clients when it is changed by the server.
- Fixed server setting sv.allowExternalViews. Setting this to 0 will disallow external views.
- Added setting for interfaceIP to the server launcher
- Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address
- Improved the stability of secondary position turrets to reduce jerkiness during movement.
- Fixed spawning on squad leaders to prevent players from spawning where they should not.
- Fixed issue with auto team balance not sending new players to the team with less players.
- Set T90 top hatch armor to "Front Armor".
- Set some wheels on jets and helpcopters to stronger armor to prevent them from being destroyed instantly by AT missiles.
- Adjusted wheeled vehicle engines on hills to improve climbing.
- Changed the Commo-rose behavior so that player does not leave crouch when using it.
- Passwords entered to join password protected servers are now cleared after use.
- Improved PLAY NOW functionality.
- Fixed some memory usage issues in the front end.
- Fixed an issue allowing color changes in player name text.
- When you click on a server in the server browser, the information from that server is updated to be more accurate.
- Fixed a crash in the Ranked Linux server when communication with stats back-end ceased.
- Improved the behavior of AA missiles when locked on an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where parachuting soldiers could not be healed.
- Added the server port to the SERVER INFO tab.
- Removed the SERVER INFO tab when playing singleplayer
- Fixed an issue causing some soldier & vehicle control keys to be used for in-game menus.
- Added new soldier artwork in BFHQ
- Added name of video director to credits
- Fixed memory leak
- Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.
- Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB
- Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.
- Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't exist anymore.
- Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.
- LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.
More articles about Battlefield 2