"Where JMSO (Starters Orders) scores over other racing games past and present is in the level of accuracy in the underlying game world." (Racing Post – May 2004)
- Owner/Trainer/Jockey and Punter Match game modes (up to six players).
- Over 10 000 horses and hundreds of trainers and jockeys.
- Unique rhythmic Jockey control system to simulate real race riding .
- Breed your own horses, export horses to disk and email to your friends.
- Full lineage details for player bred horses detailing the horses ancestors and their lifetime feature race performances.
- Realistic UK racing calendar with all UK racecourses.
- World-wide feature races included from USA, Australia, France, Japan and more.
- Exciting race sequence with overhead course 'radar' view and fields of up to 30 runners.
- Intelligent jockeys and realistic race riding. Watch the subtle animation changes as jockeys restrain, ride, coax and urge their mounts along to obtain the best finishing position.
- Detailed and realistic training methods.
- Vast, unlimited play game world with new horses joining every season.
- Massively detailed form book stores full form cards and replays for the last eight years of game play. View up to 50 years of feature race form cards!
- Dynamic and statistically accurate betting market with changing odds and ante post betting on all feature races.
- Daily newspaper reports on key events within the game world.
- End of season awards for horses, jockeys and trainers.
- Created for the racing enthusiast with unrivalled simulation depth and accuracy.
Starters Orders 2 is available online from http://www.StartersOrders.com – a free, fully functional demo is included. Starters Orders 2 costs £19.99 or $34.99 USD.