“We are looking forward to reintroducing everyone to Spanky and his crew and to hitting the top of the charts again,” said Mark Greenshields, Chief Executive Officer of DC Studios. “Our team has made State of Emergency 2 a really great game and one that far surpasses the original. I am extremely pleased to be publishing State of Emergency 2 with SouthPeak and confident that together we will make SOE2 a great success”
Grittier and more realistic than its predecessor and with a highly involving single-player story mode, State of Emergency 2 takes place four years after the original and has Spanky, MacNeil, Bull and the rest of the Freedom movement once again battling to rid the world of the oppressive Corporation, an evil corporate dictatorship that is intent on the global enslavement of the masses.
State of Emergency 2 features :
- Single player action
- Innovative 12 mission single player mode featuring a huge array of features and a full cinematic story experience. Adds a riveting single player campaign to the fun and mayhem of the game.
- Huge numbers of simultaneous on-screen characters
- From the prisoners of the early missions to the unruly inhabitants of the Ghetto and the downtrodden populace of the Workers’ Zone, crowds can be rallied to the cause or frozen in fear depending upon how they are treated by the player.
- Swarms of enemies
- The game features nine different types of intelligent enemy that will choose when to defend and when to attack, and that are capable of hunting the player down if they choose to hide.
- Gang control
- Spanky can control Capitol City’s various gangs to assist him in overcoming the odds against wave after wave of Enforcers.
- Multiple vehicles
- Helicopters, Tanks, Armored Personnel Carriers and Speedboats are all playable and all hugely destructive -- even the speedboat has a mortar fixed to the front.
- Character switching
- Choose the right man for the job. Switching player can also be used as a tactic when low on health and can prove vital to survival and progression through the levels.
- This mini game has Spanky eliciting information the way only he knows how. Hit your informer too weakly and he will deliver a barrage of indignant abuse; too hard and you may send him to the Great Beyond.
- 15 frantic arcade challenges
- 15 arcade challenges, each with gold, silver and bronze medals and their own high score table, ranging from rocket, tank, and sniper challenges to the incredibly fast-paced and hilarious Kaos modes.
- Five multiplayer modes for 1-4 players
- Multiplayer modes include deathmatch and flag attack, as well as more unconventional modes such as Last Man Standing and Battle mode.
State of Emergency 2 PlayStation 2 will be available at U.S. retailers nationwide in February, and in Europe in March 2006. A PSP version will be available in the fall of 2006.
More articles about State of Emergency 2