In a 51-48 win over the Georgia Force in ArenaBowl XIX this past June, Dutton led the Colorado Crush to its first-ever Arena Football League championship in just their third year in the league, throwing for 347 yards and three touchdowns. Dutton, a seven year Arena Football League veteran, previously led the San Jose SaberCats to an ArenaBowl title in 2002 where he was named MVP of ArenaBowl XVI. As the quarterback at the University of Nevada, Dutton helped Nevada earn its first bowl win with an 18-15 defeat over Ball State in the 1996 Las Vegas Bowl.
"I'm honored to be the first cover athlete for this new franchise and very excited about working with EA on Arena Football," said John Dutton. "I think it's great that fans can now experience the true action of Arena Football from the leader in sports video games."
Arena Football brings all the big hits and non-stop passing plays to life as gamers are put in the middle of the action from the season's kickoff all the way to the ArenaBowl. Staying authentic to AFL(R) rules, Arena Football will feature 8-on-8 play, including six players who play both sides of the ball, and the ability to send players into and over the walls with each exciting play. Arena Football will be available on the PS2 and Xbox.
The speed. The scoring. The spectacle. Experience the intensity and passion of the indoor gridiron for the first time with Arena Football. All the big hits and non-stop passing thrills are brought to life as you're put in the middle of the action from the season's kickoff all the way to the ArenaBowl. Rediscover football and play the game in a new way with Arena Football.
- Feel the Rumble - Big hits send players over the wall, or if you miss a tackle, you'll be headed over the wall yourself.
- Be the Receiver - Take control and create your own route on the fly as you elude the opposing coverage for a big score with the all-new Control a Receiver feature.
- High-Octane Gameplay - Fast-paced, high-scoring offenses dominate the league - light up the scoreboard with an all-out aerial assault using playbooks created by actual Arena Football League coaches.
- All-New Telemetry - For the first time ever in sports gaming, instantly get real-time information about your opponent. An in-game telemetry system provides an immediate review of scoring history, passing tendencies and player health allowing you to capitalize on your opponent's weaknesses.
- Ironman Football - This is old-school football…six of eight players compete on both sides of the ball. Use the telemetry system to identify and replace tired players before they give up a big play.
Experience the Excitement - The arena comes alive with fans, fireworks, and a rock-concert atmosphere.
- Revolutionary Kicking Game - Split the uprights from any location on the AFL® field with all-new analog kicking controls that give you total command over every kick.
- Become an AFL Great - Build an AFL powerhouse and take it to the promise land in Season mode or challenge the best players in the nation with head-to-head online play.
- Personalize Your Game - Create a dominant player and a customized team then take the league by storm.
The game will ship February 7th, 2006, throughout North America.