Set across five distinct environments, Pursuit Force presents a variety of gameplay elements for each criminal case, including collect and follow assignments, high-speed pursuit, on-foot action, and aerial attacks. Throughout the game, players will skirt along city highways and dusty tracks in speeding cars, bikes, SUVs, and buses, while high-powered speedboats are available for chases through metropolitan waterways and scenic, canyon-lined rivers. On foot sections provide run and gun combat through gang territory strongholds and city streets. Additionally, players will take control of a helicopter mini-gun during aerial attack missions.
Pursuit Force also implements a never-before-seen gameplay mechanic where players can jump from vehicle to vehicle at speeds of more than 150 MPH, keeping the action moving literally non-stop. Players will hang perilously as they battle with enemy gangs and attempt to commandeer a number of vehicles. 30 challenging criminal cases are available throughout the game and to further diversify the gameplay, Pursuit Force provides access to more than 50 different vehicles and more than 10 types of weapons.
"Pursuit Force is an original IP exclusive for the PSP system that introduces a number of innovative features sure to make it one of next year's most wanted titles," said Susan Nourai, director, online and product marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "With superb production value, a huge variety in missions, and the groundbreaking gameplay mechanic of leaping between moving vehicles, Pursuit Force delivers intense action that adds depth to the ever expanding lineup of PSP software."
Pursuit Force introduces a brand new police action thriller that follows a young officer in his quest to contain five notorious gangs throughout Capital City. Tension throughout the city is at an all-time high due to increased gang activity and the police force is rapidly losing control. Following police protocol has not worked, and the Chief is desperate for results. As part of a new special unit called The Pursuit Force, players will track down each of the deadly gangs and incorporate unconventional tactics to overcome the impending criminal threat. Each gang in Capital City has a specific agenda and each must be brought to justice. The Killer 66 bring their brutal brand of Far-Eastern violence to the streets, while the Capellis are steeped in the Mafia underworld. The Convicts, fresh from a prison break, disregard law and life as they attempt to gain freedom at any cost. The Warlords wreak havoc on the city in their quest for power and to push their political agendas. The Vixens, a group of ex-Hollywood stunt girls, have chosen a life of crime to pay for their lavish lifestyles.
- Jump between moving vehicles on land, sea, and air to overtake an enemy. Fight on vehicles, dodge enemy fire, and hang on while traveling at speeds of over 150 MPH.
- More than 10 hours of diverse gameplay including vehicle chases, on-foot action, and flying missions where players must operate a helicopter mini-gun.
- 55 vehicles available throughout the game including cars, SUVs, trucks, buses, bikes, and speed boats.
- More than 10 types of weapons at the player’s disposal including handguns, shotguns, machine guns, and some heavy artillery.
- Hollywood blockbuster-style production with white-knuckle chase scenes through city streets and off-road terrain, delivering action-packed shootouts throughout each criminal case.
- Five notorious gangs to bring to justice, each in their own distinct section of Capital City.
- Convicts – A gang of escaped prisoners intent on fleeing the region at any cost.
- Vixens – A sexy, high-tech gang of female thieves – in it purely for the money.
- Warlords – Elite mercenaries hell bent on freeing their incarcerated comrades.
- Capellis – The state’s infamous criminal family who strike fear in to the city’s inhabitants with extortion, kidnap, and protection rackets.
- Killer 66 – Savage Far Eastern gang at war with the Capellis for control of the criminal underworld.
- A unique boss and lieutenant to represent each gang. Both boss and lieutenant have personalized vehicles and a specific case to complete.
- Bring criminals to justice lawfully and boost the Justice Bar meter. Activate a full meter to slow down time during vehicle jumps and shoot at enemies in mid-air. The Justice Bar can also restore player health as well as vehicle condition.
- Unlockable gameplay and features include Time Trial and Race modes and special game art that can be saved to memory stick for use as a background image.
More articles about Pursuit Force