Ape Escape Academy expands the series onto the PSP. Family- friendly, Ape Escape Academy will feature ad hoc wireless functionality and more than 40 mini-games for players of all ages. The mini-games are arranged at random in a tic-tac-toe format that provides distinctive and unique game progression that allows for easy pick up and play gaming.
Specter has failed over and over again in his attempts at taking over the world, all because of a few inept monkeys. To rectify his problem, he decides to form the Ape Escape Academy, where he, serving as principal, will train the monkeys so that he can help improve their behavior. In the collection of mini-games that make up the academy, players can work their way up through six school years by winning wacky mini-games. Be on your best behavior and be sure to listen well to your instructors if you hope to graduate with honors.
- The Ape Escape franchise, made popular on the PlayStation game console and PlayStation2 expands the series as it debuts a collection of original mini-games.
- As one of the first party games available on PSP, Ape Escape Academy introduces the franchise with a whole new twist while retaining the fun and frenetic flavor of the
Ape Escape franchise.
- Compete in more than 40 mini-games including hockey, golf, dodge ball, karate and more, with a huge variety of game styles, each overflowing with frantic fun and wacky-humor.
- Featuring Wi-Fi wireless LAN (Ad Hoc) connectivity, up to two players with a PSP and the game can challenge each other.
- Unique Tic-Tac-Toe style interface provides distinctive and unique game progression.
- The Game Collection feature allows players to create a list of their favorite mini-games and replay the mini-games they have won, either to practice for the harder versions of that mini-game or get a high score.
- More than 300 monkey statues to collect as players go through their academic years.
Ape Escape 3
Ape Escape 3 marks the return of the troublesome piposaru apes, as it once again expands the popular Ape Escape franchise onto the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system. Get ready to take on these mischievous apes that are on the loose and up to no good, playing as either the brother Kei or sister Yumi who are determined to put an end to the piposaru’s plans. With a humorous storyline depicting pop culture parodies, unique transformations, mini-games, and variety of gameplay, Ape Escape 3 will provide players with lots of laughs.
Specter and the monkeys are back and determined to rule the world! Under Specter’s command, the mischievous monkeys are taking control of your television and airing programming that will cloud the mind of anyone who watches. Heroes Kei and Yumi dash through the TV studios capturing monkeys just as their outrageous shows hit the airwaves. Help us stop this primetime primate invasion!
- Battle the -monkeys on different television stages where some will be plainly visible, and others will be hiding. Capture a preset number of apes in order to advance to the next level. After a stage has been cleared, players can go back and collect the remaining apes.
- Take down the -monkeys using a variety of weapons, including the primary weapon which is a net a to grab them. Players will earn new weapons throughout the game as they progress including a propeller, radar sensor and hoolahoop.
- Enhanced monkey AI allows monkeys to dodge attacks and net attempts. Monkeys will become enraged and knock attacking weapons or a net out of a player’s hands and collect them for their own use in battle. If players are hit with the Time Net while it is in an ape’s possession, they will be sent out of the level.
- Choose to play as either Kei or Yumi at the start of the game with the new ability to transform into various morphs each with a unique style of gameplay.
- Fill up the transformation meter to transform into various morphs to complete certain missions and boss battles, as well as gain access to hidden locations with the game. Morphs include:
- The Knight that will avoid enemy attacks and fire by using a huge shield.
- The Western Kid will perform a long distance attack by using a paint gun.
- The Ninja has special skills such as creating one’s double, wall running and the flying squirrel move.
- The Arabian prince has a mysterious power to summon the Genie. Make the Genie dance and the apes will follow.
- The Kung Fu Master will unleash extremely powerful consecutive attacks.
- The SF Hero will perform electric and penetrating actions.
- In a collaboration with SCEI and KONAMI, play in the Mesal Gear Solid mode which parodies the Metal Gear Solid franchise.
- Play two different mini-games including the Super Monkey Throw Stadium where players compete flying distance by throwing monkeys, or the Ultim-ape Fighting game where two monkeys battle using the two analog sticks.