Scheduled for a January 2006 release, Pro Rugby Manager will be available in time to coincide with the eagerly anticipated arrival of the Six Nations Tournament in February 2006. Not only will fans be able to support their favourite rugby teams on the television, but they can then manage some of the greatest European rugby teams on their PC and experience the thrill of participating in the Six Nations for themselves! Players can even create their own teams, players, sponsors and stages thanks to the superb editor.
The first rugby management game, Pro Rugby Manager 'does for rugby what Championship Manager did for footy' (PC Gamer, March 2004). Incorporating a comprehensive and easy to follow management system with a sophisticated 3D game engine, feel the intense pressures of a rugby manager and make key decisions on and off the field.
As a manger of a rugby team, you must deal with all the aspects of the game, from finances to recruitments, selecting players to arranging transfers and more. You will also get the opportunity to organise tactics and strategies and watch your plans unfold in spectacular real-time 3D matches!
Key features include:
- Exciting game modes and teams: Participate in all of the major competitions, from the 10 National championships to the Super 12, Tri-Nations, Six Nations, European Cups and The World Cup. Choose from over 100 Clubs and 50 National teams. Includes France, UK, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and many more!
- Authentic stadiums: Experience 13 authentic 3D stadiums.
- Management aspects: Feel the intense real-life pressures of a manager with key decisions such as the hiring and firing, real-time game decisions and financial balancing.
- Realistic tactics and strategies: Select your starting 15, assign strategies and watch them carry it out on the pitch! Come up with your own advanced strategies and create limitless gameplay possibilities.
- Weather effects: Weather will affect match conditions – putting a dampener on your tactics, strategies and crowd turn out!
- Realistic and fluid animations : Motion captured players allow for realistic animations and immersion into the bone-crushing thrills of rugby.
- Multiplayer Functions: 2 players can play in real-time online or LAN. Set up leagues over multiple seasons for up to 100 players and watch your progress unfold with a Worldwide Online ladder system.
Craig Johnson, managing director of Focus Multimedia commented on the release,
"With rugby gaining huge credibility in the UK as a favourite sport amongst thousands of fans, we are delighted to be publishing this ground-breaking title at a new, best value price. Fantastic graphics and gameplay offer an in-depth and fun experience for fans, who now have the chance to get hands-on and manage their favourite premiership clubs and players."
Pro Rugby Manager will be available in January 2006 from all good software retailers for the RRP of just £9.99. The title, along with the entire range of Focus PC CD-ROM products, can also be purchased direct from the website – www.focusmm.co.uk.