Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach will be the first massively multiplayer online role-playing game to offer integrated voice chat. Unlike previous MMORPGs, voice chat in Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach will not require players to use their own system resources and bandwidth to host a chat server or run third party chat programs while they play the game.
We've all been there. You're in an epic battle, spells flying left and right, swords clashing, and monsters roaring. In the chaos of battle you suddenly realize your hit points are low and start to type, "I need a heal!" Just as you are about to hit enter... you die. Argh! If only we could all type at 100 words-per-minute! Well, now you don't have to.
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach voice chat is fully integrated and customizable right in the game client. Voice chat only works between those in the same party so players won't be bothered by hearing too many conversations at once.
With voice chat, a rogue can quickly alert his party when he sees a trap before that foolhardy Dwarf charges into it, and Clerics can concentrate on the battle without fear of missing heal requests in the chat window. Integrating an easy to use voice chat system allows players to react swiftly and discuss strategies when dealing with Eberron's many trials, in much the same way as when sitting at the gaming table playing the pen-and-paper game.
- Unique: Create a unique individual with millions of different combinations of looks, skills, stats, feats, races, and classes.
- Gorgeous: Turbine's highly advanced 3rd generation 3D game engine brings the city of Stormreach, characters, dungeons, and monsters to life!
- Dangerous: Use your brawn, your stealth, and your wits to survive dungeons filled with monsters, traps, puzzles, and other interactive challenges.
- Fast: Get to the fun quickly with DDO's exclusive Instaport feature which eliminates tedious travel and waiting.
- Real: Elements like the d20 and DM text make it authentic Dungeons & Dragons, lovingly recreated for the online world.
- Smart: Gain masterful skills and world-dominating powers without endless combat with DDO's quest-based experience system!
- Fun: Custom adventures for you and your party provide instances to shine as a hero - or a team - without interference from other players. Public adventures provide opportunities for large groups to tackle even bigger challenges.
More articles about Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach