Ante up with World Championship Poker 2: Featuring Howard Lederer! WCP2, the sequel to the best-selling World Championship Poker, will put players at the high stakes table, bluffing and trying to steal the pot from some of the world’s toughest professional poker players, including Howard Lederer, Annie Duke and more!
Clonie Gowen is considered one of the rising female players. She started playing poker while living in Dallas and driving to Shreveport on weekends and making a few hundred dollars each week. She placed 10th on the World Poker Tour tournament in Costa Rica and then ended up winning the WPT Ladies Night Invitational by beating more experienced players like Annie Duke and Jennifer Harman.
Formerly a travel agent, she now solely relies on her poker income. She takes breaks when she is doing bad and approaches her professional cautiously (her single biggest tournament win is $25,000) - she has made a profit each of the 9 years she has played (her longest losing streak lasted a month). She has recently signed up with Full Tilt to promote that site. She also has an 11-year old daughter and 2-year old son so she has to work playing poker around her family life.
- 14 types of poker, including Texas Hold'em, Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud and Pineapple
- Different levels of simulation - "Real Deal" for the more experienced card shark and "Power Play" for the casual players
- Active tell and bluff systems.
- Third-person "TV" mode (including the popular in-bumper "card cam") or first-person mode to watch human and computer opponents more closely for signs of tells and bluffs
- RPG-like upgradeable skill system
- Play with the pros - in game character likenesses, as well as play styles and iconic signature personality traits of some of the world's top poker players including: Howard Ledrerer, Annie Duke, Greg Raymer, Robert Williamson, Matt Savage, Amir Vahedi, Clonie Gowen, and Paul Darden.
- Detailed character customization feature - really put yourself in the game
- More attitude - truly colorful color commentary including player controlled taunts, bluffs and tells
- Poker tutorials, as well as hints and tips on strategy
- Dynamic one player game - upgrade your pad and host online tournaments. Hock your stuff if you're desperate for funds for the next tournament
- Compatible for online play between World Championship Poker 2 PSP and PS2 users.
More articles about World Championship Poker 2