"The Guild II features a unique blend of RPG and life simulation gameplay that will appeal to the original game's fans in addition to new players seeking a novel gaming experience," said Ted Staloch, VP of Aspyr Media. "This long-awaited sequel offers players a beautifully crafted and immersive 3D world in which they can become part of history and even change it in real-time."
The Guild II will include an extended single-player campaign, including a comprehensive tutorial placed in the 14th century. In this age rife with intrigue and battles, players can rise through the ranks of society from a mere crafter to the city's magistrate, or they can choose the secret path of thievery to become a feared robber baron. The player's fate is completely their decision, but their decisions can change the course of history. Additionally, The Guild II features 3 different and beautifully crafted scenario maps, including a German Hanse campaign with the cities of Hamburg and Luebeck, as well as maps in Nottinghamshire and Sherwood Forest, and Lyon (France).
In The Guild II players can:
- Control the fate of generations of a powerful dynasty set in a realistic medieval world
- Become part of European historic events and even change the course of history -- Watch the citizens and witness unique events that allow players to be immediately connected to real-world events
- Marry, raise children, and experience friendship.
- Explore a beautifully crafted and immersive 3D world.
- Take part in a wide variety of different careers like merchant, priest, politician or thief.
- Create characters with special abilities, zodiac signs and even weaknesses that include such things as a disfigurement, jealousy or kleptomania.
- Play in a party of up to 3 dynasty members with different strengths and weaknesses.
- Hand down skills and fortunes to successors.
- Be challenged by powerful competitor AI.
- Take part in a unique multiplayer mode unparalleled in any life sim game.
Developed by 4 Head Studios, The Guild II will be released in the spring/summer of 2006 for the PC at a SRP of $39.99. For players who can't wait until Spring for more Guild action, Aspyr released The Guild Gold in November, which features the original game plus its expansion pack. Gothic II Gold is available for an SRP of $19.99.