In Sacred Underworld, players will be able to re-live the excitement of the entire original Sacred adventure with two new characters, the Daemon and the Dwarf; alternatively, it will be possible to continue the thrilling story of the fantasy world of 'Ancaria' with existing characters. The stout Dwarf excels at close combat, swinging his axe to devastating effect. Strapped over his shoulder are the musket and cannon, able of launching terrifying ranged attacks. The Daemon is a true creature of the Underworld, sinister and eerie. Able to change into a variety of shapes, she is a powerful sorceress as well as a trained fighter.
With the Baroness saved, and the lands of Ancaria freed from the tyrannical daemon, the hero gets a brief reprieve, before being catapulted into another adventure. Set within huge subterranean caverns, Ancaria's 'Underworld' is a lush, colorful land, with dark horrors lurking in the shadows, awaiting the unwary adventurer. Explore the ancient ruins of the Dwarves, with their grand halls or seek treasure within the pirate isles. The Underworld has much to discover and marvel at.
Denizens of the Underworld will offer new challenges to players. Lock swords with the 'shadow guards', the fierce personal guards of the Demon Lords, trade volleys with the skillful jungle Amazon archers, or battle psychotic undead Pygmy Mummies through the dense undergrowth, dodging poison darts as they surround players at lightning speeds.
Likened to classic role play adventures, Sacred was acclaimed within specialist press for offering an exciting, fast paced adventure, with plenty of challenge and lots of hack and slash action.
The new adventures of SACRED Underworld will be available to play from 15th April 2005
- Two new characters (Dwarf and Daemon) with extraordinary abilities and attributes.
- Additional regions increase the game world by an extra 40%.
- Two extensive new chapters continue the SACRED story.
- Over 30 new types of formidable opponents.
- Special boss enemies with unique and rare items.
- New sets, new items, new weapons (i.e musket).
- Improved interface.
- Additional options for forging enhancements into equipment
- Abilities may be assigned to function keys (i.e. F1, F2, F3...).
- Opponent information displays life bar.
More articles about Sacred Underworld