Risk Your Life is a persistent universe or role-playing game (RPG). In the game, players assume the role of a Warrior, Cleric, Wizard, or Thief (over 20 classes) and explore the many beautiful and exotic locations within the game where they meet other players, complete quests, fight monsters and other players. Massively multiplayer online games are computer games in which thousands of players can play simultaneously through the Internet. In 2003, 88 million people played online games worldwide, a number that is expected to grow to at least 198 million by 2008.
Risk Your Life also offers hundreds quests within each game, plus advanced real time 3D and environment effects give players the realistic feel of an amazing fantasy world. Maximum game resolution has been increased from the typical 800x600 pixel resolution to 1600x1200 to enhance the experience of the lushly rendered graphical landscapes.
Players start off at Level One, with minimal skills and abilities, but over time they gain experience points, which allows them to advance to Level Two, and beyond. As each level opens up, the player can find new and more interesting abilities and can survive in battles against more interesting monsters. This level advancement is the incentive that makes players continually play the game and maintain their accounts for months or years.
The many features of Risk Your Life include:
- Hundreds of quests within each game (or missions) for players to play through.
- Compelling battle system.
- True Player vs. Player battles (PVP
- True Guild vs. Guild battles (GVG)
- Innovative skill system that allows players to define their characters over time.
- Players can own virtual real estate within the game.
- Players can become feudal lords or leaders of clans or bands of warriors.
- Many thousands of players can play simultaneously.
- Flying Gliders and driving Vehicles
- Raising your a virtual Dragon and protecting it from monsters, demons, and other players.
The retail version of the game will be available in Q1 2005. Planetwide Games is a distributor of interactive entertainment engaged in the acquisition and licensing of massively multiplayer online games, which it distributes worldwide through a network of affiliates.
More articles about Risk Your Life: Path of the Emperor