The Rainbow Six franchise is widely known as one of the best multiplayer games available to-date and Rainbow Six Lockdown is no exception to that reputation. Taking the best and making it better, the game has taken the best features and game elements from previous Rainbow Six games and combined them into one spectacular multiplayer experience. Rainbow Six Lockdown will include new features original to the Rainbow Six franchise such as allowing players to not only play as a Team Rainbow member, but giving them the option to play as a mercenary in all adversarial modes. Another innovative addition to the multiplayer experience is the use of dynamic maps. Players will have the ability to affect the map in real time by use of machinery (like cranes) or automated doors. This will allow them to open up or close paths and access routes to different locations on the map.
Rainbow Six Lockdown Multiplayer modes include:
- Cooperative Mission (PS2 and Xbox): Play cooperatively Campagin as Team Rainbow.
- Cooperative Terrorist Hunt (PS2 and Xbox): Play cooperatively through Single-Player missions as Team Rainbow and eliminate all enemies.
Team Adversarial (PS2) / Team Survival (Xbox): Death-match between Team Rainbow versus the Mercenaries. The team with the most kills when time is up wins.
- Team Retrieval (PS2) / Retrieval (Xbox): Play as either Team Rainbow or the Mercenaries. The team to retrieve the most canister objects (Xbox)/flags (PS2) within the time limit wins.
- Total Conquest (Xbox): The team to capture and hold all three satellite transmitters for a short duration wins the round.
- Team Sharpshooter (Xbox): Team deathmatch with respawn. The team with the most kills when the time expires wins.
Brand New to the Multiplayer Experience:
- Exclusive to the PlayStation 2 -- Team Rivalry
- Exclusive to the Xbox -- Persistent Elite Creation
More details to be unleashed in the coming weeks about the new, innovative multiplayer modes that will revolutionize the world of online gaming.