Champions: Return to Arms, available exclusively on the PlayStation 2, carries a suggested retail price of $49.99.
"Our main focus when developing Return to Arms was to create an experience that fans of the Action/RPG genre would enjoy, while introducing innovative gameplay features to excite fans of the best-selling Champions of Norrath," said Michael Lustenberger, vice president of marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "Two new races, stunning 3D environments, a whole new storyline and a tremendous amount of new content, thrilling, heart-pounding action awaits gamers everywhere."
Champions: Return to Arms combines the creative talent of Snowblind Studios with SOE's expertise in developing fantasy worlds to create a unique visual style, immersive storylines, and highly interactive environments. Champions: Return to Arms introduces two new playable races, more character customization options, thousands of items, weapons and spells, beautifully detailed environments, the ability to import characters from the original game, a whole new storyline, an innovative medal system which unlocks secret gameplay modes, competitive play for both online and offline modes and much more.
Champions: Return to Arms offers an online multiplayer component for no additional cost to players (players are responsible for providing a broadband internet connection and PlayStation 2 Network Adaptor for online play). Up to four players per game can adventure in Norrath via their broadband internet connection, using the PlayStation 2 Network Adaptor (sold separately). Players have the freedom to join an existing game or host their own through SOE's matchmaking service, SOEGames.net. Champions: Return to Arms has both USB headset voice and keyboard chat support, allowing players to plan strategies during online play (USB headset/keyboard optional, each sold separately). Alternately, up to four players can use the Multitap (sold separately) to play together on a single PlayStation 2.
About Champions: Return to Arms
The Champions of Norrath have destroyed the god Innoruuk, shattering his body into Shards of Hate. Innoruuk's followers and allies have taken it upon themselves to gather these Shards in order to resurrect their fallen prince. Firiona Vie has called upon the champions to take up the crusade against evil to rid Norrath of this evil threat once and for all. The game is designed to offer up to 100 hours of gameplay per character, unlimited battles, deadly missions and the ability to import characters from the original game. The game also features:
- A continuation of the engrossing fantasy storyline of Champions of Norrath, with exciting twists and turns that require the player to choose his or her fate
- Two new playable races: the leonine Vah Shir Berserker and the reptilian Iksar Shaman
- New competitive online and offline gameplay modes allow 2 to 4 players to battle for ultimate supremacy
- Earn medals based on gameplay performance, which can then be used to unlock secret levels
- Thousands of new items, weapons, armor and magical artifacts to acquire
- All-new, beautifully detailed environments
- New spells and abilities for all classes
- A host of new monsters to battle and non-player characters to encounter
- Secret Epic items of incredible power found through unlockable side quests
- The ability to import characters from the original game
- Increased level limits -- take characters to level 80!
- More than 50 gameplay areas along with a mission system containing non-linear side quests
- Multitap support for up to 4 players
- Superior online multiplayer options for up to 4 players via Network Adaptor -- no additional subscription fees required (players must
provide their own internet connection and PlayStation 2 Network Adaptor for online gameplay modes)
- All new multiplayer and online gameplay options
- Import and download characters via Memory Card