The player can contest over 60 races across six distinct environments, ranging from icy mountainous regions and lush countryside to parched desert areas and beaches. CRC will appeal to Rally fans and road-racing fans with its crossover approach to vehicles and race circuits.
CRC features multiplayer action and extensive set-up options which are an integral part of the game, along with realistic real-time damage and stunning graphical effects including High Dynamic Range imaging, bump mapping, dynamic environmental reflections and motion blur. The vehicles are fully user-customisable, both in their appearance and performance, using an intuitive and powerful interface. The game also features TV replay options and realistic sound effects
Invictus will raise the bar for car racing games on the PC with Cross Racing Championship, which has a planned Q3 04 release in Europe, followed closely by a US release.
• AI drivers have the ability to learn the various tracks to offer the player a realistic and continually challenging racing experience.
• AI drivers can react emotionally and can become angry or they can be affraid of the player and can be as unpredictable as human players.
• Real time environment mapping
• High Dynamic Range imaging
• Bump mapping
• Specular highlights
• Flare and Glow effects
• Animated textures
• Pixel shader water reflection effects for lakes, rivers, ponds and Waterfalls
• Motion Blur
• Noise Effects
• Automatic Contrast Balancing
• Incredibly accurate handling system
• Realtime damage system
• 100% simulation, no cheat forces.
• Dynamic modelling of tyres, surfaces and aero-dynamics
• Multiple gameplay modes including various single player and multiplayer dedicated game modes.
• Non linear career mode
• Special “hot seat” and other multiplayer modes
• Fully player customisable cars including Race Number, decals, paint job and performance tuning.
• Highly detailed interiors, particle effects, detailed car components including articulated suspension systems and glowing disc brakes
• Detailed and living environments
More articles about Cross Racing Championship