“First introduced in Japan, Phantom Dust quickly became a hit for its unique combination of fast-paced action, striking graphics and competitive multi-player capabilities via Xbox Live,” said Ken Gold, Majesco’s vice president of Marketing. “This offering of a highly entertaining product at an attractive price-point appeals to both hardcore gaming fans as well as the casual, mass-market audience.”
In Phantom Dust, gamers assume the role of the “gifted one” trying to unlock the events of the recent apocalypse, causing the near-destruction of the human race. Players emerge from underground to find that the surface is covered with mysterious particles called Phantom Dust, and is inhabited by creatures which embody people’s worst nightmares. Players utilize supernatural skills to defeat opponents, and regain lost memories.
Phantom Dust highlights include:
- Compete in over 100 single-player missions and fast-paced, multi-player action via Xbox Live;
- Gain over 300 skills to blast and damage opponents, steal their skills, and neutralize their psychic abilities;
- Enable Live features to play in tournaments, check statistics on leader boards, trade, sell or ante skills and download new skills;
Multiple online game modes including “Cooperative Multiplayer” and “Free for All” and utilize pre-built arsenals to immediately engage players;
- Earn points in Live battles and use them to buy new skills;
- Use psychic-skills on surrounding environments to cause more harm to opponents;
Players interact with other characters and their surroundings to discover more about their world, their skills and themselves;
- Choose strategy based on environment, battle mode, personal style and your opponent’s abilities;
Additional information on Phantom Dust can be found online at the official website.
More articles about Phantom Dust