"Based on the true events of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 takes the video game medium to an entirely new level," said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. "The game is meaningful and important not just as a piece of entertainment, but as a historical reference and a tribute to our greatest generation."
Created by Gearbox Software, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 puts you in the boots of a 101st Airborne squad leader in the most authentic WWII shooter ever, earning endorsements from the Veterans of Foreign Wars Foundation and the Patton Museum. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 is based on the true story of the famous paratroopers who led the D-Day invasion and will immerse gamers in the gritty, uncensored and emotionally-charged side of war. Players of all skill levels can battle their way through twenty epic single player chapters or go online and challenge their friends with ten competitive and innovative multiplayer missions.
Game Features Include:
- Real Military Tactics Created under the guidance of Author, Historian and Airborne Ranger, Colonel John Antal, US Army [ret], intuitive and easy-to-use squad controls appeal to both the hardcore and mainstream gaming audience.
- Real Soldiers Featuring a cast of more than 20 characters, each having a distinctly unique personality, appearance and style.
- Revolutionary AI System Allies and enemies use the standard operating procedures of fire and maneuver to flank and kill their foes.
- Unprecedented Authenticity Historically accurate and detailed battlefields, people, events and equipment recreated from official After Action Reports, Army Signal Corps photos, Aerial Reconnaissance Imagery and eyewitness accounts.
- Innovative Multiplayer Mode Players command three-man AI teams in a battle of wits and skill to accomplish exciting objectives
- Extra Bonus Content More than five hours of "extras" expose rare, historical documents, official maps, photos and features that take you behind-the-scenes for the making of the game.