Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory includes a single-player campaign that follows gaming icon Sam Fisher on his latest mission to maintain world peace, a two-player co-op campaign that redefines collaborative gaming, and a completely updated versus multiplayer campaign (that first appeared to critical acclaim in last year's Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow) and offers gamers complete immersion in modern stealth action and endless hours of replayability.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory carries an "M" (Mature) rating from the ESRB, with a suggested retail price of $49.99. It is scheduled to be available for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCubeand PC, as well as the N-Gage platform, published by Gameloft on March 31, 2005.
The year is 2008. Citywide blackouts... stock exchange sabotage... electronic hijacking of national defense systems... this is information warfare, which has become the most dangerous threat to global stability. To prevent these attacks, you must infiltrate deep into hostile territory and aggressively collect critical intelligence, closer than ever to enemy soldiers. You are Sam Fisher, the NSA's most elite black-ops agent. To achieve your mission you will operate undetected, kill at close-range, attack with your combat knife, shoot with the modular SC20K rifle, and use radical suppression techniques such as the inverted neck break. Work alone, or enjoy the thrill of cooperative multiplayer infiltration missions, where teamwork is the ultimate weapon.
As the enemy evolves, so must you.
- EXCLUSIVE CLOSE RANGE KILLS: From knife attacks to athletic hand-to-hand kills such as inverted neck breaks, dramatic ledge throws and other new moves
- CO-OP STEALTH: Play online or offline multiplayer with a friend and coordinate your infiltration in an all new multiplayer challenge
- REAL WEAPONS OF TOMORROW: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets from the knife to the modular SC20K rifle
- AMAZING REPLAYABILITY: Totally open level design with multi-paths and optional secondary objectives
- ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Intelligent enemies that make your mission more risky as you must get closer to them than ever before
- HIGH-RISK MISSIONS: Steal sensitive documents from under the nose of your enemies, takeout a terrorist surrounded by his bodyguardsâ€¦
- AS GOOD AS REAL: Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals ever seen on any console. Advanced physics engine allows rag doll physics, particle effects and perfect interaction with the environment
- THRILLING SCENARIO: In-game gut wrenching sequences and gripping plot with multiple twists and turns
- AWARD-WINNING VERSUS MODE: The universally-acclaimed Spies v. Mercenaries mode from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow makes a triumphant return with all new gadgets, cooperative moves, humiliation moves, and new multiplayer modes. Dynamic, evolving environments with elements like destructible walls and actionable triggers ensure that no two matches are ever the same.
More articles about Splinter Cell Chaos Theory