Choose your leader from eight major powers (France, Britain, Austria, Prussia, Russia, Turkey, Spain, and Sweden) and interact with over ninety computer-controlled minor nations. Every effort has been made to bring you as thorough a simulation of the Napoleonic Era as is possible, from as early as 1799 to as late as 1820, from the dockyards of Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.
David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games stated, “Crown of Glory is truly a revolutionary game for the Napoleonic genre. The designers and developers have left no stone unturned in realizing their vision of historically immersive and exciting gameplay. Even if you’ve never looked at a Napoleonic game before, don’t miss this one!”
A turn-based structure allows you to play at your own pace, deciding on the military, diplomatic, economic and social paths of your nation, including treaties, trade routes and levying and supplying military units. While your armies march across a worldwide map with monthly turns, battles will allow you to play at a smaller scale, where turns last twenty minutes and your units can be arranged into battlefield formations. Battles can be auto-resolved or fought out on a detailed battlefield map. Each unit has its purpose on the battlefield, with such diverse troops as Jagers, Cossacks, Janissaries and Horse Artillery all modeled for individual strength and morale ratings and each beautifully rendered and animated.
Eric Babe of Western Civilization Software said, “We’re excited to join the strong Matrix Games strategy and wargaming line-up. We feel that the community and experience Matrix has built in this genre will help us to reach strategy gamers worldwide with our vision of what a great Napoleonic game should be.”
Historical leaders, special abilities, fleets, upgrades, reinforcements, colonialism, guard units and a variety of simulated events, from weather to time of day, give Crown Of Glory a unique style. Combining Strategy and Tactics in one design, Crown Of Glory offers every gamer an opportunity to test his strength in an age of legends.
- Europe and North Africa, 1799 – 1820
- More than 200 provinces, 8 Major Nations, 90 Minor Powers
- Monthly Strategic Turns, 20 Minute Tactical Turns
- Military, Diplomatic, Economic and Social Decisions
- Quick Resolution of Battles or Detailed Resolution of Battles
- Detailed Combat supports Historical Leaders, Unit Morale, Diverse Unit Types, Command and Control, Weather, Smoke, Reinforcements, and more!
- Economics include Resource Types, Economic Parameters, Banks and Loans, Food and Population Growth, Reinforcement Pool, Trade Routes, Merchant and Colonial Income
- Naval and Land Combat, including Sieges, Interceptions, Fleet Combat, Port Attacks and Blockades
- National Morale
- Computer Opponent for Major and Minor Nations
- Diplomacy includes Treaties, Secret Treaties, Declarations of War, Cease Fires, Limited Surrender, Total War, and Historical Great Diplomats with special abilities
- Weather, Logistics, Fog of War, Special Events
- Full Multiplayer Support via internet, LAN, serial/parallel connection or hotseat
- Standard Campaign from 1805 – 1815 as well as a variety of starting scenarios to expand or contract the timeline and allow more options over technology and upgrades
For more information, check the main Matrix Games page at www.matrixgames.com and the Western Civilization Software website at www.west-civ.com.