Napoleonic Wars epoch is an essential landmark in European history. Although not very numerous, those years have become a turning point in the historical development for a number of nations. Up to nowadays the personality of Napoleon causes contradictions, on one hand he was a merciless tyrant, spreading death and sorrow, cutthroat sent by gods to punish the humankind, on the other hand he was a genius military leader, who approached unification of Europe torn apart by various conflicts into a uniform super state.
Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars, a sequel to the popular Cossacks: European Wars, focuses on the military and political events which embraced Europe in the 19th century. 6 nations to have played most distinguished role in the history of Napoleonic war conflicts will be featured: France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia and Egypt. Each of the game factions is fully playable and provides a selection of unique architecture, unique progress trees and original army units with unique parameters.
Napoleonic time was characterized as a starting point for “civilized” wars, wars in formations. That very principle has become the key gameplay aspect of Cossacks II, where combat formations play pivotal role on battlefields, while single units are ineffective. The players will lead their armies to victory through epic battles of up to 64000 units on the map, which virtually corresponds the scope of real battles in history. And along with possibility to zoom in and out to allow soaring high above the battlefield, Cossacks II will become the most spectacular game based on Napoleonic Epoch. Battle system is easy to master for newbies, while experienced strategists will be able to sink into depths of tactics and strategies – a variety of types of troops, combat formations, morale, fatigue, experience gaining and manoeuvres, such as rear and flank attacks, cavalry and artillery assaults – all this will provide immense possibilities for achieving glorious victories. A good deal of attention has been paid to the comfort of controlling big masses of troops, to be considerably facilitated by new interface and bookmark system; pathfinding has been revamped, new AI of formations implemented, along with a new way of controlling troops through commanders-in-chief. A big impact on gameplay will be paid by landscape. Shooters are unable to fire through forest, while cavalry will find it tough to go through muddy terrain and at the same time artillery shelling will be less effective there.
Economy system has undergone big changes too. In Cossacks 2 players will be controlling empires with cities and provinces. In single and certain multiplayer modes the player will control, develop and fight for the already built-up cities, provinces and villages located on the map. Cities and provinces are full of boisterous life and have their own automated economy system, the road system simultaneously ensuring the trade routes between cities and villages. Thus, the player will have a possibility not only to win a battle, but also to seal the capital off from deposits, trade routes, arrange economic blockade etc. A unique possibility to hire Minister of Economy has been introduced.
In single-player game the player will be able to complete the main Napoleonic wars campaigns, play for the outstanding personalities and military leaders.
The game has got a new AI playing with the use of formations and all the tactical and strategic advantages. Owing to the new AI, staging Historical Battles versus computer opponents has been enabled.
Multiplayer modes, such as European Conquest, Deathmatch and more will ensure long-lasting fun when the single player part is over.
With Cossack II: Napoleonic Wars you get:
- Historical real-time strategy game on a new 3D engine
- True color 3D landscape with immense tactical possibilities
- Support of the latest video boards generation, pixel and vertex shaders etc
- European war conflicts of the19th century, Napoleonic Wars in particular
- Battles in real historical scope of up to 64 000 units on the map at once
- 6 European nations France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt
- Over 150 unique units and 180 types of buildings
- Over 1000 pieces of flora and fauna
- True-to-history campaigns with historical personalities as army commanders
- Economy and army control brought to a new level
- Military commander simulation
- Simulated historical battles in single- and multiplayer vs AI
- Extended formations and tactical orders
- Realistic morale and fatigue factors
- Extensive diplomacy system
- 3D physics engine guaranteeing realistic flight paths for all kinds of projectiles
- Multiplayer game via LAN or Internet: Deathmatch, Historical Battle and European Conquest modes
More articles about Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars